Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange San Francisco V LG Arena V Samsung Jet

Options
  • 06-01-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting one of the above. Doesn't seem to be that much between them. Everyone's talking about how easy it is to unlock and mod the San Francisco but LG Arena is now reasonably priced on PAYG. The Samsung Jet is even a bit cheaper but locked to O2. I want to remain on 3 and I don't want it if it's gonna be hard to unlock.

I'm looking for wifi, half decent camera with flash, GPS, good browsing ability nad a big screen. don't think there's much to choose, what would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Tazz T wrote: »
    Looking at getting one of the above. Doesn't seem to be that much between them. Everyone's talking about how easy it is to unlock and mod the San Francisco but LG Arena is now reasonably priced on PAYG. The Samsung Jet is even a bit cheaper but locked to O2. I want to remain on 3 and I don't want it if it's gonna be hard to unlock.

I'm looking for wifi, half decent camera with flash, GPS, good browsing ability nad a big screen. don't think there's much to choose, what would you go for?

That rules out the LG Arena....decent camera but the flash was pathetic. The battery life went from having to be charged every 2nd night to every night after just a month and that was light usage. I was on meteor at the time and never used it for mobile browsing cos their 3g coverage in my area was poor. I got rid of it after a month!
    I can't advise on the other 2 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

stay away from the jet I have one and no support from samsung pure shyte phone.....im heading up north to get a zte blade.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

The Jet is a year and a half old!! I got increasingly p!ssed off with the touchscreen as it's far from sensitive. It was great when it came out, but now it'd just be a disappointment for you to buy it new.

neil2304 wrote: »
    The Jet is a year and a half old!! I got increasingly p!ssed off with the touchscreen as it's far from sensitive. It was great when it came out, but now it'd just be a disappointment for you to buy it new.

True the engine in the jet is still up to modern day specs 800mhz procc and 512 ram etc but the darn touch wiz is pants...there is a group called jetdroid porting android on to it but by the time they do the phone will be a relic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Judging by the number of complaints on the carphone warehouse threads, I reckon I'm going go with the San Fran once it's back in stock up north.

• Advertisement

should be back in stock in newry today (tuesday) check online 89 sterling +10 euro top up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

You can check the Argos sites to see if they have them in stock. I think its Thursday when there getting them but sure give it a go.

Advertisement