Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal CoCo Littering?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Walking home from my parents house yesterday noticed that there was a white bin sack outside my garden wall with a Fingal CoCo logo on it. Sister said it was from the guys that go around collecting the litter off the ground and they leave it there for a van to pick up the next day.

It still hasn't been moved from it's spot 24 hours later... I reckon the "kids" (read little feckers who like to cause trouble around here!) are going to start tearing the bag apart very soon...

Would the litter warden sort this out? Or would I just be better off ringing Fingal in the morning to see what the story is with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I have seen this out my way in Clonee as well, but normally I might see the bags in the morning and they will be gone in the evening when I am on my way home from work. if they are still there tomorrow I would deffo give the CoCo a ring and see what the situation is. Maybe a car was parked in front of the bag and the lads collecting the bags missed it, could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Nah, no cars parked in front of the bag... there was someone here all day and they were keeping an eye on it in case the kids went near it but the street light outside our house is broken so can't see it in the dark...

I'll give them a call in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

January wrote: »
    but the street light outside our house is broken so can't see it in the dark...
    Aside: Call FCC about this broken light: 890-5870. Their contractor will come out in a week or two to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

January ring the Fingal Depot at Coolmine and ask to put through to the street maintence section, it's really helpful if you can give them the number on the light, it's usually done in black and easy to see. We had one of the lights out which was on a junction in the estate rang them in the afternoon and they had someone out the next day to fix it.
    Fingal County Council Environment Dept
    Road / Footpath Maintenance Coolmine Depot Coolmine 15 Co. Dublin

* (01)8214446

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thanks for that guys, they came up to collect the bag yesterday. I rang on Friday and the woman was very unhelpful just said she'd log it, but when I rang yesterday the woman was very helpful and she had someone out to collect it within the hour.

I'll get onto them about the light, although it's not really a bother to us as it shines right in our window when it does work haha, but the local kids keep throwing a football up at it and breaking the cover and then the bulb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement