Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Triggers

• 06-01-2011 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has bought Wireless Triggers from Gadget Infinity or similar online company

Im looking to get some wireless triggers without having to spend big money on pocket wizards

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I've been using their latest Cactus V4s with solid results. They are a little flimsy so it's worth ordering an extra set as you'll no doubt break one at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

I use InterFit Strobies wireless trigger.
    Cost around €62 about 6 months ago and I have had no problems with them yet.
    user_invisible.gifreport.gif quote.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I actually bought a set of 2nd hand pocketwizards the other day. Haven't had a chance yet to use them though. They seem well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Calumet do there own brand version of pocketwizards for £70 each, you can mount the flash directly on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I'm expecting delivery of some Yongnuo RF-602 triggers any day now. They cost me €24. After I've tested them out, I'll report back. Have a Lastolite Ezybox here lying idle in the meantime! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I bought this cheap and cheerful set

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190465916647&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

One hot shoe trigger plus 2 receivers. I only use one, as I've only the one strobe for now. But I have tested them in and out doors. They've not let me down yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 mcdonnells

Using the V2 for a good while now, really good, great value for money
    Go For it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Using the skyport triggers and receivers at the moment. I find them a lot more reliable than the ebay ones but they don't have ETTL metering which is disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I've have a set of Yongnuo RF-602's myself, and they do the job just fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

I use the ishoot brand from amazon.co.uk. Much better than the Cactus ones I used to have and died. Better range too.

I also went and changed the antenna on my sender and I can get 100feet ish range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

thanks all for the comments and reviews - i will check out the triggers

I have the 7D in which you can have off camera flash without the triggers but its not very reliable i find.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I have these http://cgi.ebay.ie/Wireless-Flash-Trigger-Canon-60D-550D-430EX-580EX-/180608999077?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraFlashUnits_JN&hash=item2a0d229ea5 and these http://cgi.ebay.ie/DSLRKIT-4-channel-Wireless-Studio-Flash-Trigger-GY-04A-/110519597145?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraFlashUnits_JN&hash=item19bb7b3859 cheap and cheerful and never let me down.

I must say I did buy a more expensive trigger for studio lights that failed onn me after 2-3 months so when I replaced with the second link there I did buy 2 sets although the second hasnt come out of its packaging and the first has had a lot of use. They are cheap enough to get 2 sets without breaking the bank, for my camera flash units I bought a set to trigger 3 units and I dont recall it being anymore than €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I've been using the cactus v4s for a good while, cheap and reliable, very few misfires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

MaggyM wrote: »
    I use InterFit Strobies wireless trigger.
    Cost around €62 about 6 months ago and I have had no problems with them yet.

Where did you get them? I'm interested in getting one of their kits.
    Saw a different brands over here but they seem very expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

mrboswell wrote: »
    Where did you get them? I'm interested in getting one of their kits.
    Saw a different brands over here but they seem very expensive...

I got them in Halls on Talbot Street last year. They let me try them with my camera and flash before I bought them so maybe bring your camera and flash along if you are going to check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i bought mine in the uk when i was there

but barker photographic sell them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Yongnuo trigger arrived today, 10 days after ordering. Looking forward to taking a few shots! :)

Advertisement