Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone done one of those creative writing modules?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Im stuck for an elective and have always wanted to write a story so i was thinking i might give this elective a go and get the kick up the arse i need. The only thing is its miles from what im doing and im honestly not mad about the idea of reading sh1te ive written in front of a class, is this expected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

I'm taking this module this coming semester, so not sure if your work will be widely read or not. But the module was oversubscribed when I picked it back in September,, so I wouldn't count on getting a place at this stage. I was lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Estragon wrote: »
    I'm taking this module this coming semester, so not sure if your work will be widely read or not. But the module was oversubscribed when I picked it back in September,, so I wouldn't count on getting a place at this stage. I was lucky.

Nah youre spot on, i didnt get one and evidently never had a chance but sure theres always next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

No you are not expected to read anything really. I done it last year. It was brilliant I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Estragon

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Nah youre spot on, i didnt get one and evidently never had a chance but sure theres always next year.

Sorry to hear that. Go for it again in September. I'll let you know if it turns out to be rubbish after all.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

Whats the course code does anyone know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement