Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to paint into a corner of a wall/straight line?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I can see no reason why you couldnt use them. Personaly i like to use a long pile roller becaus you can get a lot more paint on the roller so you dont have to reload the roller so often which means less mess and less chance of spillage also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

paddy147 wrote: »
    Thanks for the parcel tape advice.:)

I will do that now with every new roller I use.

I have seen alot of foam and sponge type rollers in the diy shops.

Can I use these foam and sponge type rollers to paint smooth walls/ceilings with emulsion paint??:confused:

I find gloss rollers (short pile) best for giving a smooth-ish finish on walls. They don't hold nearly as much paint as longer pile rollers so you have to refill more often but they do apply well and you don't get that horrible orange peel effect of the longer pile rollers.

I've never had any luck with foam/sponge rollers. They seem to smeer the paint on rather than roll it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thanks folks.

Fair play to my girlfriend,she got the chimney breast looking absolutely perfect again today,after my complete mess up/balls up of it yesterday.

She got out the small leccy sander and also some fine sandpaper (dont know what grit though) and had it looking spotless again.

Can I ask,what is the ideal grit and type of sandpaper to use for sanding back down paint on a wall or door,but without making shyte of the plaster or wood?

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

you should use 240 grit sandpaper between coats of varnish or paint on your woodwork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

you should use 240 grit sandpaper between coats of varnish or paint on your woodwork.

Thanks for that.:)

What grit would be ok for sanding back painted walls and without making shyte of the plaster?:confused:

Have a small bit of painted plasterand filler that has a small bump/raise in it,and it looks unsightly compared to the rest of the wall.

Would like to try and sand it back and repaint to get it looking perfect,but knowing my recent luck,Id probably use the wrong grit of sandpaper and feck up the wall or sand a chunk/recess out of the plaster beaneath.

• Advertisement
Advertisement