Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red x when uploading to website

Options
  • 06-01-2011 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I am trying to add more pics to my site on my products page through cms but they keep showing up blank with a red x its bugging the hell out of me anyone any suggestions ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Freddio

Are there spaces in the file names you are uploading?

Some CMSes can't handle this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

Hi freddio

not sure what you mean by spaces in the file name?

I am uploading pics the same way as ive always done but its just not working.

Its a really simple cms as in i just browse my com for the image i want to insert and add in all titles etc and it uploads everything for me

Usually they stop working for no reason because you are doing something you haven't done before ...

by spaces i mean is the image called something like "a_big picture.jpg"
    also would you be trying images which have greater file sizes than what you used to put in?

Hi freddio

when i save pics to my com i would usually give them a title re Elephant bouncy castle and when i upload them the alias url would have underscores in it but otherwise there would be no spaces.

I have moved my pics to an external hard drive (e) but have tried to copy it back to my computer but still no joy.

I would imagine its something simple.I have also tried converting from giff to jpg and also tried resizeing them to the size of the photos on the site already with no joy.

Do you have access to the ftp -> the image upload folder might not be writable now

• Advertisement

yes have ftp access but just looks like mumbo jumbo to me

ok follow closely :-)

go to a page on your website that is showing a product image

right click and select view image

look at the path in the address bar

go to that folder in your ftp client

right click the folder and view the properties

does it say you can write to the folder?

Hi Freddio

ive got the urls of the photos but cant find anything even closly similar to it in the ftp i also tried the plesk control panal.I have found img folder but is empty and picture library which is also empty could they have used a diff program to create the page iam looking for ?? Ill keep looking

Did your site move servers ?

ive found them there is a list of all the extentions of the url as clickable text when i go to from properties from there it just gives the url of the image

• Advertisement

if you want to PM me the ftp details I'll take a look - Im not quite sure what you mean here

Just looking at your Bouncy Castle Site

which images are not showing?

There on the way. What i mean is when i go to properties the same stuff is coming up as if i was to go to propertties from the pic on the site the pic is not up i made it inactive till i sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

While I'm not judging Freddio, I wouldn't give my FTP details to anybody on internet forums. Just a word of warning.

I got it sorted for dreamtime. He probably would have been charged a lot for a simple issue he didn't understand if he didn't send me the info ..

I would say exercise caution

Advertisement