Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shots (on target)I am trying to find a reliable resource for shots and shots on targe

• 06-01-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I am trying to find a reliable resource for shots and shots on target for the major european leagues.

I have yet to get two sources to agree on these stats and there are some huge differences between some of them.

Soccerway seems to have some very big differences to local newspapers ect. I have also seen stats on soccerway which is a respected site with a team scoring 3 goals and having 2 shots on target and no own goals.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

You wont be able to, because shots on target and the likes are measured differently by different outlets. Some will include blocked shots that were heading in the direction of the goal, others wont. I think also some even include mi**** crosses that end up going to goal as shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You'll be doing well if you find out.

For example, the shots on target from the United v Stoke match from the BBC and Sky Sports were completely different, 7 and 2 for United respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Do that Opta crowd do the major european leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

I was wondering about this as well. When Sky did the Arsenal v Chelsea match on MNF, the stats they used on MNF were completely different to the one they used on sky sports news:confused:

Possession stats can sometimes have 10-15% difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

opta will definitely have the stats

"From each match in the top European leagues we collect over 2,000 actions."

just finding out how to get that info is another matter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

opta charge for information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

try espn.com and find the soccer page. I know they have the shots stat but not sure of the shots on target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Most of the Premier League club websites have those stats but you would need to go through each club to get all the stats I think. I can get all stats like that for Blackburn Rovers on the official site. I can also get the top 20 in the league. Here is the top 20 at the moment.

shots.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

can anyone recommend a site for the dutch eredivise shots stats other than soccernet/soccerway.

thanks.

Advertisement