Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shot Show 2011 Product Previews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

IrishArmy1 wrote: »
    So shot show 2011 is coming up and looks good for some new pieces of kit.

This link is for a preview of a gun show that was held in Nov 2010 it had some of the new products for 2011 on show.

http://www.gunblast.com/NASGW2010.htm

This stock does not seem to be on there main site yet, so heres a link to RFC forum. Its also half way down the page on the first link.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3255289#post3255289

And the coolest shotgun ever, I wonder how hard it would be to get a License for it here :D. There are 2 links for this. There are more pictures
    of the shotgun on the second link.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?74585-Shotguns/page87

Thats all i have found of interest yet, but I am sure over the next few weeks
    more previews for manufacturers will become available.

I doubt the 10/22 G36 stock will be on any quality if its cheap. Generally on these designs that Ive seen the origional cocking handle is used (see the cocking piece sitting out the ejection opening on the body of the gun.... ??? So the ambi cocking handle on the top (which is where a G36s cocking handle is) either isnt there or is there but still doesnt work.

That shotgun lookd great. Licencing isnt the problem though. The importation is because its getting harder and harder to export from the Us unless its a big consignment of firearms.

Also ... its very simular looking and acting to the South african Neostead

neostead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And the coolest shotgun ever, I wonder how hard it would be to get a License for it here :D
    Well, its barrel is less than the 24" limit for shotguns (in fact, it's damn close to being classed as a pistol it's so short), but the 24" limit is a bit of a gray area. If you could convince your local chief super to issue it, you could licence it (but it'd be a restricted licence given the pistol grip and the 14+1 capacity). What exactly you'd put down as good reason would be interesting, since that thing is pretty much designed for an application we're not allowed to use as a good reason (ie. self-defence).

Sparks wrote: »
    Well, it's barrel is less than the 24" limit for shotguns (in fact, it's damn close to being classed as a pistol it's so short), but the 24" limit is a bit of a gray area. If you could convince your local chief super to issue it, you could licence it (but it'd be a restricted licence given the pistol grip and the 14+1 capacity). What exactly you'd put down as good reason would be interesting, since that thing is pretty much designed for an application we're not allowed to use as a good reason (ie. self-defence).

Actually .... the barrel would have to be under 11.8 inches (or 30 cm) in order for it to be classed as a pistol.....

There is no gray area about it .... the law allows for shotguns wth barrels that small, its up to the individual to give reason as to why they want it.

The tubular magazines can be capped if needs be (but the shougun would still be restricted because of its "evil" pistol grip.

Perhaps your high posting count/moderator privilage has given you special powers to read between the lines of what is written in the keltec press release.... but there is no mention of its intended use, self defence or otherwise.

Actually .... the barrel would have to be under 11.8 inches (or 30 cm) in order for it to be classed as a pistol.....
    Or, an overall length of under 60cm, which is what this nearly hits. (The law refers to "short firearms" rather than pistols and has it's own definition of what a short firearm is; and if it's a short firearm, you can't get a licence for it unless it's unrestricted (it's section 3D in the act).
    There is no gray area about it .... the law allows for shotguns wth barrels that small, its up to the individual to give reason as to why they want it.
    Section 12A(6) doesn't quite say that - it makes it an offence to possess a shotgun with a barrel less than 61cm. The gray area is the whole "without lawful authority or reasonable excuse" bit, and it's gray because we've no ruling on what constitutes that lawful authority. If it's your licence, great, but that opens up other cans of worms, and basicly, it's an unanswered question at the moment.
    The tubular magazines can be capped if needs be (but the shougun would still be restricted because of its "evil" pistol grip.
    Yeah, so capping the magazines wouldn't be worth the hassle.
    there is no mention of its intended use, self defence or otherwise.
    Yeah, I'm reading between the lines for a US company.

Sparks wrote: »
    Section 12A(6) doesn't quite say that - it makes it an offence to possess a shotgun with a barrel less than 61cm. The gray area is the whole "without lawful authority or reasonable excuse" bit, and it's gray because we've no ruling on what constitutes that lawful authority. If it's your licence, great, but that opens up other cans of worms, and basicly, it's an unanswered question at the moment.

Yeah, so capping the magazines wouldn't be worth the hassle.

well any1 I know (including myself) with short barreled shotguns have recieved authority from there chief super and with no consequences so Its possible that It can be layed to rest as to who gives the authority.

Hassle in capping a magazine ??? I wouldnt class cutting a piece of dowel rod as hassle

• Advertisement

well any1 I know (including myself) with short barreled shotguns have recieved authority from there chief super and with no consequences so Its possible that It can be layed to rest as to who gives the authority.
    Ask chem about bullet boards and gray areas sometime.
    Hassle in capping a magazine ??? I wouldnt class cutting a piece of dowel rod as hassle
    You would if the alternative was to do nothing at all (it's already restricted by the pistol grip, it can't get any more restricted by the magazine capacity).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

[
    Also ... its very simular looking and acting to the South african Neostead

neostead.jpg

Except the Neostead is a push frorward pump,
    Breaks open to reload,
    Has the mag tubes on the top.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 IrishArmy1

I found this iPhone app for people wanting to follow the shot show.

The following link is for a review of the app. Some features are for people attending the show.

http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/news/shot-show-2011-iphone-app-review/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 IrishArmy1

Kel-Tec shotgun early testing. That last shot looked painfull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwN8jHSEhCE

Kel-Tec shotgun early testing. That last shot looked painfull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwN8jHSEhCE

Nice ....

The magnums are a real jaw shaker alright !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Impressive acoustics in that range!:DGives new meaning to the description rolling thunder.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement