Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radiators need to be bled every day

• 06-01-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, I have to bleed my radiators very day in order to get heat around the house? anyone know why this is happening ?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

a big leak somewhere or a hell of alot of oxidisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

If it's an atmospheric system (ie: not a pressurised one) then the header tank in the roof might be empty -- a jammed ball valve or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It may be pitching, i.e. it's pushing hot water up the expansion and drawing fresh water in thru' the cold feed.
    Try reducing the pump speed, if this does not work you may have to combine the cold feed & expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Try turning down the pressure or speed of your pump a notch and see if that helps. I had the same problem, bleeding once a week but it was a new system though! I turned it down, less noise and haven't bled since.

Advertisement