Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech alarm

Options
  • 06-01-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    friend of mine has an aritech alarm system,after a recent power cut,the keypad does not seem to function anymore all that is on the display is "cs xxx keypad v1.5" anyone any ideas

thanks
    nick

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

First try to power down the system totally. (Remove mains power & battery) wait a minute & power back up.
    Was anything disconnected during the power cut?
    Check in particular the C D connections on the keypad cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

thanks for speedy reply koolkid,i would doubt anything was disconnected as they are not in anyway technicaly minded,im a sparks myself just dont really have any experience in alarms,gonna have a look at it tomorrow and i will try what you said there and see how it goes!

if alarm is not set,will it sound if battery is disconnected??excuse my ignorance!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will sound when you open the control panel.
    The external siren will sound when its powered down.
    It will sound when you power it back up, but all going well the keypad will be responsive & you can disarm it with the user code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

ok cool well i shall try it and hopefully all goes well if not il be back to ya for more help,cheers koolkid much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 daithimolloy

Hi i have an aritech cs235 alarm thats giving a false alarm for patio door(burglary b act014 or something like that) Is there any where in wicklow or online that i can buy a new sensor for the door and will this fix it. there is a bigger sensor in the middle of the door i presume this is the anti tamper and if that was at fault i would get a tamper fault. also is there anywhere i can get a manual for this alarm and is there a default engineer code for this alarm.
    thanks for any help

• Advertisement

Take a look at the stickey here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    Ive sent you the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi i have an aritech cs235 alarm thats giving a false alarm for patio door(burglary b act014 or something like that) Is there any where in wicklow or online that i can buy a new sensor for the door and will this fix it. there is a bigger sensor in the middle of the door i presume this is the anti tamper and if that was at fault i would get a tamper fault. also is there anywhere i can get a manual for this alarm and is there a default engineer code for this alarm.
    thanks for any help

Try a supplier from this list, they will be able to sort you out.

Here is a link to a user manual, all activation codes are explained in it.

thanks for the fast reply i have printed out the manual but i still don't have access to event logs i just have basic access is there an engineers code for this alarm and what is the super code they refer to in the manual.

thanks for the fast reply i have printed out the manual but i still don't have access to event logs i just have basic access is there an engineers code for this alarm and what is the super code they refer to in the manual.

The default engineer is 1278 for your system. The logs should be in your user menu. When you put in your user code does it just arm?

thanks but 1278 doesn't work. when i put my code in i only have 4 options arm option, inhibits, change code, system settings,exit menu.

• Advertisement

thanks but 1278 doesn't work. when i put my code in i only have 4 options arm option, inhibits, change code, system settings,exit menu.

That is the default engineer. The code would of being changed by the installer. You are getting into the correct menu but your permissions have not being allowed to access the logs. The only other way is through engineering.

thats grand thanks for your help.

thats grand thanks for your help.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cullenbc

I need an installation manual for Aritech CS 235. Bought a house with this alarm in place but needs complete programming . Thanks.
    Actually not sure if I have a cs 235 or 250. The LCD panel looks the same as in the 250 user manual. So what is the difference?

I PMed you that manual. If you need any help give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

Hi KoolKid,

Be very grateful if you could PM me an installation manual also.
    Have to do some work on my brother-in-laws house.
    He has a CS-23512 alarm, haven't used one of these before.

Thanks, Zilog.

Zilog wrote: »
    Hi KoolKid,

Be very grateful if you could PM me an installation manual also.
    Have to do some work on my brother-in-laws house.
    He has a CS-23512 alarm, haven't used one of these before.

Thanks, Zilog.

Sent you that by P.M.

Advertisement