Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mocks

• 06-01-2011 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

on average do people go up points wise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

paddy978 wrote: »
    Yes, but mainly (IMO) because people do more work for the real thing, and are therefore better prepared. You cannot just count on it going up, you must make it happen.

I went up by 65 points in mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Don't just assume that just because it's the mocks that they just mark you harder and you'll automatically do better.

Also bear in mind in subjects like Maths or Biology you might not be finished the whole course so naturally your marks will go up in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I went up 80 points in mine but again, I think it has more to do with the amount of study I done leading up the the real event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Most people do as some courses aren't finished and they study more for the real thing. But remember, a lot of people find out the mock questions in advance so they have an advantage. If you do this then you can't really rely on them going up as it's not a completely fair score.

Saying that, I found out what was coming up and still got about 100 more, but keep it in mind :P

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Went up from 410 to 505. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. Mocks are meaningless. Just don't get too discouraged. It is what you make of it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

paddy978 wrote: »

It all depends on how much work you do after your mocks. Ussually the courses will not all be finished in time for the mocks (Irish, English, Biology etc.) Also you will probably do a lot more revision on the subjects as the pressure kicks in and teachers start to go over things more often. The majority of people I know did go up between the mocks and the Leaving Cert. They sometimes act as a kick in the ass for people to get up and be more attentive and dilligent over their work. My sister went up 50 points but also went down grades eg. B3 in Mock French & Biology, C1 in Leaving Cert.. So don't assume you will just magically boost up in points.

Best of luck however :D

Advertisement