If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YDS12 Dock

Options
  • 06-01-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for an excellent service in getting the Onkyo SACD player delivered before Christmas (excellent machine by the way!)I am in the market for an IPOD dock and I was wondering if the Yamaha YDS12 dock can display the IPOD menu on the tv screen which I need or if there are any similiar products you could recommend, maybe the Roth dock for 29.95 on your website.
    Looking forward to my Boardie discount!!!
    Regards,
    Willie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Willie1972

Bump!

Any news on this guys?
    Regards,
    Willie.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Willie1972 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for an excellent service in getting the Onkyo SACD player delivered before Christmas (excellent machine by the way!)I am in the market for an IPOD dock and I was wondering if the Yamaha YDS12 dock can display the IPOD menu on the tv screen which I need or if there are any similiar products you could recommend, maybe the Roth dock for 29.95 on your website.
    Looking forward to my Boardie discount!!!
    Regards,
    Willie.

Willie,

apologies I have gone to answer your post about 5 times now and been distracted every time so please accept my apologies!

The YDS12 is a finished line now for us (unfortunately so is the Roth) - What Amplifier or Receiver are you using and I'll come back to you with suggestions??

Thanks and again apologies for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

My amp is a Yamaha AS500. I need something wireless for convenience. I was also wondering about the Eltax Rumble subwoofer. Is it any good (Monitor Vector speakers) and now on a much tighter budget or do you still have the teac one at 69.
    Regards,
    Willie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Willie1972 wrote: »
    My amp is a Yamaha AS500. I need something wireless for convenience. I was also wondering about the Eltax Rumble subwoofer. Is it any good (Monitor Vector speakers) and now on a much tighter budget or do you still have the teac one at 69.
    Regards,
    Willie

Willie,

Yep I still have a few of the Teac Sub/Say systems that we can do at £69.95 - however whilst they are good they just cannot match the quality of the Monitor Audio Vector VW8 sub (which I can do at £149.95) However they are less than 1/2 the price I guess... The rumble is fine but to be honest I thing that the Teac is better and you get 2 spare satellites thrown in!!

On the iPOD dock front we have very little in wireless docks - however I have the same problem at home and I use the excellent QED Uplay which is a bluetooth receiver - plugged directly into the aux input on my amp http://www.qed.co.uk/194/gb/product/uplay/bluetooth_receiver.htm This has the excellent APT audio coding and sounds excellent and of course leaves you free to wander around the room and essentially use your ipod as a remote control.

We can do this unit on a Boardie deal at £62.95.

Thanks again and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for that John. I will be in touch in the next few days
    Regards,
    Willie.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.