Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport to Achill Cycleway

Options
  • 06-01-2011 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I was back for Xmas and seen the new route being made up.. When will it be finished the whole way? I might come back for a week in the summer and do the trip.. Should take a day to do each way.

I seen loads of bike shops opening but dident get a price anyone know now much it is to rent one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

the Westport and Achill extension is due to be completed in April according to the Connaught Telegraph this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Should be completely finished by mid February I'd guess. Clew Bay Bike Hire http://www.clewbayoutdoors.com/ charge €20 for 24 hours per adult bike. This also includes a collection, so you could leave Westport and cycle to Achill and they'd pick you up and bring you back etc. It's a fantastic cycle, fair play to all involved in its construction, will be a massive asset to the surrounding region.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Great project. Congrats and thanks to the landowners, the COuncil, and all others involved.

Also encourages respect for those who planned and built the original railway Westport to Achill - some interesting bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

nuac wrote: »
    Great project. Congrats and thanks to the landowners, the COuncil, and all others involved.

Also encourages respect for those who planned and built the original railway Westport to Achill - some interesting bridges.

its a shame they took the railway lines out. it would have made a great steam engine track.

Advertisement