Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - Guitarist - Galway City.

Options
  • 06-01-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Singer seeks guitarist to work with on original material in Galway city.

I've played in quite a few bands before but now I'm looking for a guitarist that's into similar stuff to work on songs before bringing them into the practice/jam room.

The type of music I have in mind is heavy yet accessible. Schitzo pop with a bite.

Amazing songs that I have in mind for the musical style:

I'm influenced by all sorts of music but I want to start a band that has it's own unique sound. I know this doesn't happen overnight so that's why I want to find someone to work with on writing songs before jumping into a band again.

Other bands who would be a strong influence would be : Fugazi, At The Drive-In, Nine Inch Nails, Jimmy Eat World, Rocket From The Crypt, Therapy?, Pixies, David Bowie, Joy Division and Queens of the Stone Age.

Age and sex is not a factor but dedication is. Practice will ideally be twice a week.

You can message me here or e-mail : neverinamillion@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kollin

b u m p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

kollin wrote: »
    Age and sex is not a factor but dedication is.
    Admirable sentiments there! What age are you yourself?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Admirable sentiments there! What age are you yourself?

bmup

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thepcgp

I recorded this today in Logic Pro.

Both rhythm and lead guitar are my Squier Strat. The drums and bass are MIDI on my M-Audio Keystation. I used some effects and presets in Logic Pro but all instruments are me playing and it's me singing also.

I can play pretty much any style of music and am also looking to practice in the Galway area 1 or 2 times a week. I have equipment and transportation and I know of a couple of places that rent out practice space for €10 per hour if we don't organize something else.

PM me if you're interested in meeting up for a chat and I'll send you my contact details. I live very close to city centre.

• Advertisement

bump.gif

I'm still looking. Surely there's a guitarist out there that wants to start a kick ass heavy band?

The once a month bump.

I have a drummer and bassist lined up and good to go.

Advertisement