Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Salsa Slims & Zumba?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'd like to tone up, get fit and have fun too but I'm not great at going to the gym so thought I'd look up fitness classes and came across Zumba and Salsa Slims. I've seen posts on both and I've looked up the Steppingout site, etc but finding it hard to see the difference between the two to be honest!
    Can anyone advise? And which one would people recommend? The venue near me runs both Zumba & Salsa Slims on the same night, so it's just a matter of deciding which one to go to :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Em16 wrote: »
    I'd like to tone up, get fit and have fun too but I'm not great at going to the gym so thought I'd look up fitness classes and came across Zumba and Salsa Slims. I've seen posts on both and I've looked up the Steppingout site, etc but finding it hard to see the difference between the two to be honest!
    Can anyone advise? And which one would people recommend? The venue near me runs both Zumba & Salsa Slims on the same night, so it's just a matter of deciding which one to go to :)

I'd say the main difference between the two is that Zumba is being marketed by one department and Salsa Slims is marketed by another.

Seriously though, I don't know but if go along and see - if it gets you moving and going regularly and you enjoy it then sure win win. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Hiya

I started zumba last night - great fun! More shakira style dancing.

as far as I know - salsa slim is lower intensity. so if u want a faster workout - go for zumba.

however salsa slim - they do weight loss competition which may keep people inspired. the one who loses the most weight winss 2500 or something like that. I think with salsa slim m- you are learning salsa steps etc and can then progress on. Zumba is just a bit of madness and fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

We run Zumba classes here - it's a lot more intense than I expected.

Women love it because it tends to be just females who take part in the class - there is certainly a great vibe in the class and more than a few friendships have been made since it started here in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Watching that Zumba thing on Nationwide right now - looks fun!

Wait, what, it's girls only!?

:(

discus wrote: »
    Watching that Zumba thing on Nationwide right now - looks fun!

Wait, what, it's girls only!?

:(

It's a fantastic way to meet women if you're brave enough to give it a go!

• Advertisement

its not just for girls!

men and women. in fact one of my friends has a male instructor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

SanoVitae wrote: »
    It's a fantastic way to meet women if you're brave enough to give it a go!

*breaks out the lycra*

*puts it back*

*breaks out the leotard*

come on discus ;) *bend and strecth and gyrate*

Advertisement