Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Roy Keane Been Sacked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Seriously though, has this been confirmed anywhere no?

Id understand his sacking, think he should go down a few levels and hone his management skills, maybe even be a number 2 although its unlikely and then see where he is after he develops his raw managerial ability

But if he hasnt been sacked i would ****in love it to have a laugh at people who hate him so much you can see the bile coming from their mouths when they talk about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

kryogen wrote: »
    Where has this been confirmed btw?

Not seeing it on sky or the bbc

RTE 2 sports news a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

RTE News stating that he has been sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

BBC Radio 5 live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Id understand his sacking, think he should go down a few levels and hone his management skills, maybe even be a number 2 although its unlikely and then see where he is after he develops his raw managerial ability

But if he hasnt been sacked i would ****in love it to have a laugh at people who hate him so much you can see the bile coming from their mouths when they talk about him

What difference would it make, people are not going to change their opinion of the man, if he keeps his job

would be unusual for them to have it before bbc and sky woudlnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just seen few people mention it on twitter.

But never know could be BS, like you hope not.

EDIT: a **** lol

ha ha nothing on sky yet, they will pretend they are first to hear in a few minutes, crazy stuff

niallo27 wrote: »
    What difference would it make, people are going to change their opinion of the man, if he keeps his job

yeah but it would piss ye off unproportionately and that would amuse me

• Advertisement

The Man u plant will be next to go, Roy Hodgson of course.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Vincent Browne Show showing tomorrow's papers and it's front page on The Star that he's been sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

lol

A guy goes to WC with a attitude to win it and people hate him for it.

In fairness if he had been any other nationality we would have crucified him for that imo ;)

yeah but it would piss ye off unproportionately and that would amuse me

Its Ipswich, who gives a ****, great player but a failed manager

you give ****, if you didnt you wouldnt be here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Reports going around the internet tonight suggest that Town have parted company with manager Roy Keane.
    Many Irish journalists are hearing from unamed club sources that there will be a press conference at Portman Road tomorrow to confirm the news.
    Keane replaced Jim Magilton in April 2009, he has managed Town for a total of 81 games, winning 28, drawing 25 and losing 28. This season he has taken Town the further they have been in any cup since 1981.
    If we get official word we will update you in due course

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s78/st165339.htm

http://newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Championship/Ipswich+Town

• Advertisement

Its Ipswich, who gives a ****, great player but a failed manager

Says the guy who has posted here about his book.

You do care, you want him to fail and your delighted about it.

You got your wish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Disappointed to hear if true but it was coming given the recent run of games. But I'm sure he will be back and will keep working until he is successful at being a manager.

Says the guy who has posted here about his book.

You do care, you want him to fail and your delighted about it.

You got your wish

I'm hardly delighted about it, it is slightly amusing to see him fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ignore the little dig about Keane and his dogs and I think Dwight Yorke has it spot on:
    "I don't think the 24/7 care of a club manager is suited to his temperament. I don't think he can deal with everything that lands in the tray of a club man. But his standing in the game is such that he could still take a group of players and get a positive reaction from them for a couple of games - and then march off and walk his dogs for a month or two.

"I think he is an impact manager, which is why I believe he could be ideal for the international stage."

thats another thing, Roy Keane is a winner, being a winner doesnt mean you automatically succeed at everything you do, it means you keep going until you do succeed. Never giving up. If you think thats the last management job he will have (if he has been sacked) you are nuts

The man is a born winner

• Advertisement

I'm hardly delighted about it, it is slightly amusing to see him fail

No problem with that, thats your opinion on him and I respect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

could he do a job at liverpool until the end of the season?

thats another thing, Roy Keane is a winner, being a winner doesnt mean you automatically succeed at everything you do, it means you keep going until you do succeed. Never giving up. If you think thats the last management job he will have (if he has been sacked) you are nuts

The man is a born winner

So true.

Keane has always taken things head on.

I love the way we knock people for actually wanting to be the best, not being happy with coming second.

I think what really hurts the anit-Roy brigade, is fact that it was only after the WC, most people knew he was right and the chance to least get to semi final was there in front of our eyes.

Id question the timing of the sacking tbh also if true, give him the window, give him the rest of the season, the championship is a tight league, 2-3 wins in a row and your in the playoffs.

Id give him till the end of the season at this stage

cremeegg wrote: »
    could he do a job at liverpool until the end of the season?

Just to end of a perfect week in the Premiership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Id question the timing of the sacking tbh also if true, give him the window, give him the rest of the season, the championship is a tight league, 2-3 wins in a row and your in the playoffs.

Id give him till the end of the season at this stage

Lose some more and you're facing relegation. They are closer to that than promotion.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Lose some more and you're facing relegation. They are closer to that than promotion.

Of course they are, but they are quite a young team and will get better with experience and with a couple of good signings they could still push for the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

The man is a born winner

You could say the same thing about a lot of ex players who have gone into management.

Liverpool Board; "Roy, we have to let you go"

Roy Hodgson; "Woy?"

Liverpool Board; "It's just not working out. We need a new manager."

Roy Hodgson; "Woy?"

Liverpool Board; "How did you know? We thought that was a secret."

:D

So true.

Keane has always taken things head on.

I love the way we knock people for actually wanting to be the best, not being happy with coming second.

I think what really hurts the anit-Roy brigade, is fact that it was only after the WC, most people knew he was right and the chance to least get to semi final was there in front of our eyes.

We all have personalty clashes in life, but we get on with it, Mick was the boss and what he says goes, who did you back when ferguson fell out with keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Of course they are, but they are quite a young team and will get better with experience and with a couple of good signings they could still push for the playoffs

Were you not saying the exact same thing this time last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

We all have personalty clashes in life, but we get on with it, Mick was the boss and what he says goes, who did you back when ferguson fell out with keane.

I'm not getting into this debate again, but Keane was accused of faking injury and that's why he flipped. It's not as simple as you're making out.

That's all I'm saying on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm not getting into this debate again, but Keane was accused of faking injury and that's why he flipped. It's not as simple as you're making out.

Justified reaction so!

Paully D wrote: »

It could have being easily sorted but cork people are the most stubborn people in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Haha **** u keano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Amazing player but a terrible person and even worse manager. Would have paid good money to sit in on that sacking - who knows, he might have even tried to break someone's leg on purpose or not even shown up because the room wasnt up to his standards! Wouldve loved to see Wenger give him a managerial lesson but alas it wasn't to be, hopefully he's off our screens for a long, long time. Have fun walking the dog and growing a beard Roy

L'prof wrote: »
    Were you not saying the exact same thing this time last season?

Not exactly the same :)

The team were performing well at the start of the season, they have been hampered alot with injuries and loss of players, the championship is a very competitive league and you have to be firing on all cylinders to get out of it.

The team is in a rut right now, but I will always back a guy who wants to succeed at pretty much any cost in a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wow.

What was it; 5th/6th post in the thread and Saipan/Alf Inge Haaland was brought into it... Christ that's got to be a record even for this forum.

I'll tip the hat to Triggs and say this forum is gone to the dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If it's confirmed he will be raging they didn't let him know before he attended the Arsenal/City match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Time to get him onto the RTE panel. Dunphy's natural successor tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Gotta love seeing Roy Keane fail. Just a pity Arse didn't put the final nail in his coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Why do you love that trait in people?

That was situation where only rumours came out, about what was being said between the two and what happened.

You think I was more Roy then Mick over Saipan , well you be wrong I was 50/50.

It was just when WC was over, you realise Keane had a great point and he wanted his country to do something we could only dream about which he felt was reality if we approached it correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He made promises he couldn't keep so good enough for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

If it's confirmed he will be raging they didn't let him know before he attended the Arsenal/City match.

Playing Roy at his own game tbh.

I can see how Marcus Stewart [?] could get frustrated; he'd given him the benefit of the doubt last season and he's had time and money from what I can see to mould his own team. To be honest he's probably too high profile for Ipswich.

/on topic post

Well, it looks like he'll have to go back to his job on Gift Grub now.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Why do you love that trait in people?

Sorry, but you serious?

If I paid thousands of pounds to go watch my country in WC, I like to think the team I supported would approach the competition in best way. Which is what Roy wanted.

Why do you like people to do ****e or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I thought the dog died?

Or maybe was just sick?
    token56 wrote: »
    I thought he died?
    mars bar wrote: »
    No, I'm fairly certain the dog died.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/keano-suffers-sad-blow-with-loss-of-faithful-sidekick-triggs-2333095.html

Sorry to have to break it to you this way. :(

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=17124

That was situation where only rumours came out, about what was being said between the two and what happened.

You think I was more Roy then Mick over Saipan , well you be wrong I was 50/50.

It was just when WC was over, you realise Keane had a great point and he wanted his country to do something we could only dream about which he felt was reality if we approached it correct.

Yes but he could have gone home, made his point, told everyone the joke of a set up it was and then he could have gone back, the door was always open for him, but he was too ****en stubborn

• Advertisement
Advertisement