Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Roy Keane Been Sacked?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You know what is refeshing, he has not blamed anyone but himself, no excuses. I just love the man.

Of course people will jump now and say who else is there to blame? Maybe your right, but isnt it nice when a guy looks at the man in the mirror first when it comes to something like this

Plenty of others like to blame the board/players/media etc. for their demise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Take me back , watcha mean take me back:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Traitor that bloke is , always was.

BERBA wrote: »
    Take me back , watcha mean take me back:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lol that might have got a rise out of someone last night, now you just look like a numpty, then again........not much changes i suppose

Tell me Berba, did you watch the Spurs game the other night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

change the record will ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

grenache wrote: »
    Ipswich will yet regret sacking him. Despite spending 8 million on players, he still had a wafer thin squad.

The first sentence doesn't really make much sense when followed by the second sentence.

The first sentence doesn't really make much sense when followed by the second sentence.

Some people understand something the first time they hear it, others will never understand no matter how much you dumb something down

Some things just arent meant to make sense to you i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

gavredking wrote: »
    Be intersting to see what hes going do next, maybe take a bit of time off and go back to a Championship team for the start of next season, i dont see an EPL team taking a chance on him anyway.

Chelsea vacancy looks like it might be coming up soon...wonder how many papers will link him too it like they did when he walked out at Sunderland.

*might have been when he was still there but either way it was a ridiculous suggestion.

kryogen wrote: »
    Some people understand something the first time they hear it, others will never understand no matter how much you dumb something down

Some things just arent meant to make sense to you i guess

Plenty of things make sense. Like Keane doing a **** job and being sacked for it. What doesn't make sense to me is how someone can spend £8m and still be left with a wafer-thin squad and not get blamed for it. Your sig says it all though, clearly your tinted glasses make it impossible for you to have a balanced point of view about Keane.

Plenty of things make sense. Like Keane doing a **** job and being sacked for it. What doesn't make sense to me is how someone can spend £8m and still be left with a wafer-thin squad and not get blamed for it. Your sig says it all though, clearly your tinted glasses make it impossible for you to have a balanced point of view about Keane.

Im not gonna waste my time explaining it to you either so here we are

You should look at more then someones sig before judging, maybe check out some posts where I might have been critical of the hero in my sig? You would have less chance of looking like an ass then.

Im not gonna waste my time explaining it to you either so here we are

You should look at more then someones sig before judging, maybe check out some posts where I might have been critical of the hero in my sig? You would have less chance of looking like an ass then.

Like this one? :pac:

You know what is refeshing, he has not blamed anyone but himself, no excuses. I just love the man.

Of course people will jump now and say who else is there to blame? Maybe your right, but isnt it nice when a guy looks at the man in the mirror first when it comes to something like this

Plenty of others like to blame the board/players/media etc. for their demise

• Advertisement

Wow you found a post where i profess my love for the man!

outstanding! bet that was hard to find? your cool you are, i wanna be your friend

and just FYI, the answer is yes, I would let Keane violate me if he wanted to, oddly enough it doesnt put him above criticism from me, strange that eh

Cool thread.

Would it be safe to say that Keane was sacked as he was doing a shíte job?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Cool thread.

you could take a black and white approach (no problem with that) and say he wasnt doing a good enough job so he was sacked yes.

You could go further into it if you wish too, all depends on how much you love/hate Keane, rarely do i find someone who is indifferent to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

It's not always the managers fault but he has to take some of the blame. His dealings in the transfer market at Ipswich and Sunderland were interesting to say the least and he always had some players follow him. I don't think he has the temperment to be a top class manager tbh.

outstanding! bet that was hard to find? your cool you are, i wanna be your friend

and just FYI, the answer is yes, I would let Keane violate me if he wanted to, oddly enough it doesnt put him above criticism from me, strange that eh

This is your criticism of him..

Id question the timing of the sacking tbh also if true, give him the window, give him the rest of the season, the championship is a tight league, 2-3 wins in a row and your in the playoffs.

Id give him till the end of the season at this stage
    Of course they are, but they are quite a young team and will get better with experience and with a couple of good signings they could still push for the playoffs

No offence, but your living in cloud 9 if this is take on the situation. He's supposedly spend £8m on players, still has a wafer-thin squad and you think the chairman should throw more money at Keane for him to spend? Ipswich aren't flush with money, very few championship clubs are so giving him more money is sucide, especially when you've already given him £8 and he's brought you 3 points above relegation. Not only that, but his track record of signings isn't exactly brilliant. Also, he's 4 wins of the play-off place, and this is a team who longest winning streak is 2 games long from 72 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Cool thread.

Why Thank You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Thats a shame. Was hoping he would get the sack after the Arsenal ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

For anyone interested BBC Suffolk has a show on now reacting to Keane's dismissal. Click here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

frostie500 wrote: »
    For anyone interested BBC Suffolk has a show on now reacting to Keane's dismissal. Click here

Is it on a break?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

L'prof wrote: »
    Is it on a break?

News bulletin at the top of the hour, just after starting now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The chairman(I think) came across very well there bigger up Keane and in fairness he was given a long time to turn it round and sometimes managers and clubs just don't work out the obvious one being clough and Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Strange that because it appears to make sense to you that someone would spend over £250 million and be left with a wafter thin squad and not get blamed for it.

Care to explain the inconsistancy?

lol that might have got a rise out of someone last night, now you just look like a numpty, then again........not much changes i suppose

Tell me Berba, did you watch the Spurs game the other night?

captain of our country walks out on us , and i'm a numpty:rolleyes:

take off your manc tinted glasses and remember what he did to us , uve a short memory.

ppfffttt , still sitting in champo league spot by the way

captain of our country walks out on us , and i'm a numpty:rolleyes:

take off your manc tinted glasses and remember what he did to us , uve a short memory.

ppfffttt , still sitting in champo league spot by the way

Captain of our country was dismissed and sent home by the manager.
    Mc Carthy "If you don't respect me you cant play for me"

Keane left the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I think frosties post about keane selling off all the youth players would be the most worrying thing for ipswich fans.

Do you do realise how bad you sound?

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »

always only one winner in that scenario and thats the manager muppet, traitor is what that bloke keano is and a few other words i can think of that could get me a yellow card;) , and a bloody bad manager as well to boot.

always only one winner in that scenario and thats the manager muppet, traitor is what that bloke keano is and a few other words i can think of that could get me a yellow card;) , and a bloody bad manager as well to boot.

There were no winners in the situation.

What I find funny and perhaps you can explain it for me is that Keane said Mick sent him home, John Delaney said the FAI received a request from Mick to dismiss Keane and send him home and Mick Mc Carthy himself said he sent Keane home.
    The irish team manager Mick Mc Carthy has informed the FAI that following a team meeting today in Saipan, he has requested Roy Keane leave the squad and return home.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/rep_of_ireland/newsid_2004000/2004888.stm

Yet you ignore the persons involved version of event in favour of one of you own, Why is that?
    captain of our country walks out on us , and i'm a numpty

Could it be that you are in fact a numpty?:D

where ya getting those quotes Muppet?

Link the quotes for what Keane said to Mick, always good for a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I think no matter who you agreed with back in 2002, now we can all look back and say both McCarthy and Keane were wrong. And there were no winners except for Irelands opponents and the newspapers.

you could take a black and white approach (no problem with that) and say he wasnt doing a good enough job so he was sacked yes.

You could go further into it if you wish too, all depends on how much you love/hate Keane, rarely do i find someone who is indifferent to him

Further into it ?

I think you're the one that wants to go further into Keane...
    and just FYI, the answer is yes, I would let Keane violate me if he wanted to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Really hope to see Keano back in management soon -the man is a legend

messrs wrote: »
    Really hope to see Keano back in management soon -the man is a legend

alfie haaland would disagree with you

where ya getting those quotes Muppet?

Link the quotes for what Keane said to Mick, always good for a laugh

Initally from memory of the time.

The Keane version of events was take from his post world cup DVD.

The FAI was from a press conference as reported by the bbc and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/rep_of_ireland/newsid_2004000/2004888.stm

Mick's Version is also from a press conference again it's the BBC report.

McCarthy told him to leave...
    "I cannot and will not tolerate that level of abuse being thrown at me so I sent him home," McCarthy told the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/rep_of_ireland/newsid_2003000/2003681.stm

QUOTE]

me thinks you telling porkys muppet

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I think frosties post about keane selling off all the youth players would be the most worrying thing for ipswich fans.

Do you do realise how bad you sound?

no tell me? whats wrong with a bit of man love? maybe your homo phobic?

Or are you talking about the criticism of him part? i have already said i understand the sacking and it has been coming a long time, i am very well capable of reasoned debates with posters who are willing to engage in them, others i dont waste my energy, its only the internet pal, dont take it so seriously

You capitulated so easily, I'm disappointed.;)

me thinks you telling porkys muppet

I'm fairly sure that anyone that has been around here as long as I have will be able to put you right on that. Believe it or not this topic has been debated at length before now.

just as well i dont care bout his opinion then ;)

feel sorry for what happened to the guy, but still doesnt change my opinion of Roy

im sure if you asked your mate Haaland he would tell you he disagrees with most of what you say too

your missing out one thing, who the **** cares if Haaland agrees with you!

messrs wrote: »
    just as well i dont care bout his opinion then ;)

feel sorry for what happened to the guy, but still doesnt change my opinion of Roy

what about him letting down the country?

'take me back , whatcha mean take me back' poor ol tommy gorman having to interview him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He walked out by creating a situation wherein he could not be kept. He walked out by ensuring he would be sent. Only someone ******* of **** could think otherwise.

I am very impressed with the patience of the Ipswich board - but maybe they figured if they waited long enough he'd walk out and they'd save themselves a compo bill. Little did they know he has learned that lesson.

I'd put money on them to beat Chelsea now he's gone.

The man is a Jonah. He has no talent for management - his managerial history bar one season has been below mediocre. He should stick to what he does best and become a cage fighter.

• Advertisement

im sure if you asked your mate Haaland he would tell you he disagrees with most of what you say too

your missing out one thing, who the **** cares if Haaland agrees with you!

take a bit of your own advice a few posts up ,only the internet don't take it so seriously ;)

He walked out by creating a situation wherein he could not be kept. He walked out by ensuring he would be sent. Only someone ******* of **** could think otherwise.

Another one with his own version of events all be it more than a little bit illogical. Good man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/rep_of_ireland/newsid_2012000/2012137.stm

According to this Keane said he wanted to go home first on the 21 May and got the ball rolling.

Reading back at that it looks like Keane was the instigator ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/rep_of_ireland/newsid_2012000/2012137.stm

According to this Keane said he wanted to go home first on the 21 May and got the ball rolling.

Reading back at that it looks like Keane was the instigator ?

From your own link

Wednesday, 22 May
    Keane speaks with various people back home overnight - including Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson - and has a change of heart. He tells McCarthy he has decided to stay after all.
    McCarthy has to call Healy again and break the bad news to him. However, he invites the young midfielder to join the squad anyway.
    McCarthy calls a squad meeting and clarifies the situation to all his players.
    McCarthy dismisses Keane row
    Keane and his Republic colleagues go for their morning training session and all is well again in the Irish camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Another one with his own version of events all be it more than a little bit illogical. Good man.

You need to familiarise yourself with what actually happened, not with just what you wish had happened. The final line is not the whole story - or can't you see that from up there?

I'm fairly sure that anyone that has been around here as long as I have will be able to put you right on that. Believe it or not this topic has been debated at length before now.

so it looks like rarnes has put me right , you were telling porkys muppet:D

You need to familiarise yourself with what actually happened, not with just what you wish had happened. The final line is not the whole story - or can't you see that from up there?

LOL more illogical nonsense
    so it looks like rarnes has put me right , you were telling porkys muppet:D

Surprised anyone had to put you right , I would have though an Irish soccer fan would be familiar with the events in Saipan and the sequence in which they happened.

Yeah Roy Keane, John Delaney, Mick Mc Carthy , The BBC , and myself are all in cahoots telling porkies. Your version is what actually happened.:D

what about him letting down the country?

'take me back , whatcha mean take me back' poor ol tommy gorman having to interview him.

He DIDNT let down his country! how many times is this going to be debated??
    Keano didnt do anything wrong - in my opinion, obv yours is different

Strange that because it appears to make sense to you that someone would spend over £250 million and be left with a wafter thin squad and not get blamed for it.

Care to explain the inconsistancy?

Please quote the post where I have stated this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LOL @ the people still bearing a grudge over Saipan.

Build a fcuking bridge and get over it tbh

Advertisement