Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of roads after the severe frost

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Watch out for potholes that will get you to Aussie in no time on the Trim Navan Road, some whoppers on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

It's an absolute joke especially as Mcc could find countless millions to rip up perfectly good cobble paths and replace with nasty precast granite, and not to mention the ongoing bull saga in market square..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

bryaner wrote: »
    It's an absolute joke especially as Mcc could find countless millions to rip up perfectly good cobble paths and replace with nasty precast granite, and not to mention the ongoing bull saga in market square..:rolleyes:

leave the bull alone bryaner, that will bring in millions from tourists flocking from every corner of the world to see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

leave the bull alone bryaner, that will bring in millions from tourists flocking from every corner of the world to see it :D

Might just go down and setup my stall now..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

bryaner wrote: »
    Might just go down and setup my stall now..;)

i would'nt set the stall up yet, i think they're still working on the square, might be best to leave it til before christmas.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Was actually going to post a thread on this just so people could highlight any bad stretches.

Dublin road heading into Trim near the community school was always bad in spots, but some bigger potholes there now. It seems that some attempt was made to fill them (unless that's just grit for the expected snow) but the road is still bad in parts.

Trim road heading out of Navan I agree is dreadful, some big potholes around the Lidl and Esso garage area.

Also in Trim: the Lackanash Road (not sure what it's called actually, the road from Marcies down to the crossroads) has some huge potholes on it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

The bridge going into Kilcock from the Summerhill direction is in bits, and holes seem to be placed in a way that you cant but drive into at least one of them.

I was in the Phoenix park today, and I couldnt believe the state of the main road through it, it looks like a warzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

The hill into Slane having crossed the bridge is disastrous. It was always pretty bad but the snow made it a hell of a lot worse. Impossible to avoid the holes. And to make things even worse they've just started digging trenches across the whole road so I can't imagine what state it'll be in when they've finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The Kentstown Road is an absolute joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Navan to Athboy road is a state too and they never bothered fixing the road outside the Highfield/Meadowlands estate in over a year and a half, me poor car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Back to the 80's, 80's

• Advertisement
Advertisement