Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week 2011

Options
  • 06-01-2011 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I know that its on everyones mind now, probably voted the best rag week in Ireland
    So when is the official date its starts this year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No ideas of the actual dates but it's usually the end/late february.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

My bet would be the week starting the 14th but i have no real idea, i base that on the fact that its usually on the week in Feburary that the Champions league is back on.

Missed most of it 3 years back cause I went to the Celtic vs Barcelona game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wahoo11

A lecturer in IT Sligo said it was on the week of the 28th of February

An email was sent yesterday i think from the student union saying theres no confirmed date as of yet so everything else is pure speculation really id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 123pier

word is now 28th February!

• Advertisement

Well seeing as things are going on "word" these days :p

I hear the reason that they have yet to announce the date is due to the partnership the Student Union has with the Clarence with only these 2 parties being aware of the week so that the Clarence can get in the big name acts early and the opposition will then only have a short period of time in order to get their own "big" acts in, thus rendering it impossible to do so, leaving the Clarence with the dominant spot in the market

This is just the word on the street now mind, however if its true its deplorable behaviour on the part of the student union (not that id expect any better off them) having 1 venue, which is a bit of a kip to be fair, being the sole choice of students to go to for "grade a" (probably c at best though grandmaster flash is appearing in april so i cant really complain) entertainment on the week that is of RAG.

If tis proven to be true however complaints aplenty shall be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

It is definitely the week of the 28th. A lecturer was informed by SU that is definitely the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

We were told by a lecturer today it won't be confirmed by the SU until sometime next week.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    We were told by a lecturer today it won't be confirmed by the SU until sometime next week.
    Well this lecturer needed to know for schedule reasons, it's definitely the 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 123pier

the WORD is again that alot of people werent happy with it being on the 28th so theres a meeting about it so could be the 21st now!!

• Advertisement

123pier wrote: »
    the WORD is again that alot of people werent happy with it being on the 28th so theres a meeting about it so could be the 21st now!!
    Jesus Christ, how hard is it to make a decision :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Any update on this? I heard it was the 21st now I'm hearing the 28th. I hope its the 21st as that is the week it is usually on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

It's the 28th.
    Fcuk them anyway why did they have to move it a week back from other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

What difference does it make if it's the 21st or 28th, it's not like your doing exams during them.
    I'm actually quite happy it's the week of the 28th, I'm on my holidays from Uni over here in France and plan on been home then and I was hoping I wouldn't miss RAG week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 artosaari

Anybody traveling from Donegal to Galway by car for rag week that could give me and a friend a lift ?

Were only 18 so its not like were ax murderers. Besides it will be an interesting story on how you met two people.

Reply if you can help out, would be greatly appriciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

apparently judge jules is playing the clarence the thursday of rag week anyone else hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Heleboo

apparently judge jules is playing the clarence the thursday of rag week anyone else hear this?

i heard one of the pussy cat dolls will be there one of the nights aswell

Advertisement