Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is PRSI Contribution?

• 06-01-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have learnt today that my job might be in jeopardy in the coming month or so.
    So to sleep in peace I was looking at the welfare benefit to make sure I will qualified for jobseeker's Benefit.

And I don't understand it.
    Jobseeker's Benefit
    You must meet the conditions in Section 8.2 and your Jobseeker's Benefit is based on your PRSI contributions. To qualify, you must have:

52 paid PRSI contributions since starting work,

and
    39 paid or credited PRSI contributions in the relevant tax year

or
    26 paid PRSI contributions in the relevant tax year and 26 paid PRSI contributions in the tax year before the relevant tax year.
    The relevant tax year is the second last complete tax year before the start of the benefit year in which you get your payment. The benefit year starts on the first Monday in January.

PRSI contributions at Classes A, H and P count.

If you apply in:

The relevant Tax Year is:

2008 2006

2009 2007

I don't fully understand the 52 PRSI contributions.

Does it mean that I have to have paid PRSI for 52 months or 52 weeks?

Basically I don't know for how long we have to contribute before be able to apply for it.

I am working in Ireland since July 2007 and working since fulltime, I had about 2 month without contribution between jobs.

Thanks a million for your answer.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

superfly35 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have learnt today that my job might be in jeopardy in the coming month or so.
    So to sleep in peace I was looking at the welfare benefit to make sure I will qualified for jobseeker's Benefit.

And I don't understand it.

I don't fully understand the 52 PRSI contributions.

Does it mean that I have to have paid PRSI for 52 months or 52 weeks?

Basically I don't know for how long we have to contribute before be able to apply for it.

I am working in Ireland since July 2007 and working since fulltime, I had about 2 month without contribution between jobs.

Thanks a million for your answer.
    Cheers

PRSI is paid weekly so its 52 WEEKS, so you are ok. Don't be worrying. Hope things work out.

Advertisement