Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong flour?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Making eclairs and I've never used strong flour before but good old Rachel Allen uses it, where would I get this? Or is there anything else I can use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Tescos sell own brand strong flour in a pink bag, as does odlums, in a purple bag. Strong flour is often used in recipes that require the elasticity of its higher gluten content, such as for bread.
    I have however made very successful eclairs with plain oul odlums cream flour manys the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Ya I usually use cream flour too. I don't really want to buy the strong stuff cos I won't use it for anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Then don't. They'll be nice either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I think you can get small bags of strong flour, you might find once you make them you'll end up wanting to make more or yummy profiteroles lovely with banana cream and drizzled in choc. num num num.

Advertisement