Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another recommendation (accountant needed)

Options
  • 07-01-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

/slaps self for starting another recommendation thread...

Looking to start up as a sole trader. Need an accountant. To start me off and do my paperwork once or twice a year.

Anyone good, locally, that we know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Not local unfortunately: http://www.rhco.ie/index.htm but I found Robert via Boards, and he has been great to deal with, very prompt to respond on queries, etc. Also after an initial meeting, we just do everything now via email/post/phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As far as I know you only need to use an accountant if you are operating as a company, as you would be obliged to publish accounts with the Companies Registration Office.

If you are going into business as a sole trader you could get by with the services of a good bookkeeper.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You're probably better off with someone who can look after your tax as well as the accounts - You would normally (but not always) do better with a qualified accountant, although they come at a higher price than an unqualified bookkeeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Jup, HB you are right, but Beasty hits the nail on the head: I rather pay a bit more and make sure I'm all in the clear, plus I don't know enough about setting up in Ireland so I rather be safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Hi sNarah,

I work for this firm (www.gprandassoc.ie) and am in the process of becoming a junior partner. We have an excellent reputation and Ger is very nice to deal with. It is only a quick trip down the motorway and we have clients all over leinster and further.

Call us for a consultation or feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Brian

• Advertisement
Advertisement