Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options Considering Smart

• 07-01-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Ok i have been with vodafone for the past year on thier broadband but there has been nothing but issues with thier service. It all started when they swiched my line to LLU. This week it was all topped off bt them having constant DNS issues. Its time for a change. I looked around and seen smart telecoms offer they are part of Digiweb i see which Digiweb are avaiable on my local exchange I live in Mullingar less than 2 miles to the exchange. Anyone have any suggestions for a good broadband provider i can only get dsl upc is not an option and nor is wireless. Are smart any good they offer this
    Home Value 10Mb for €39.95 per month
    10Mb Down / 640Kb Up
    170GB Traffic Included
    FREE WiFi Modem worth €50
    FREE installation worth €50
    FREE Smart to Smart Calls
    Optional 1Mb Upload Add-On
    for €39.99 per month or is there anything better for the same money.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

dam it looks like i am on Nationwide Bitstream :( means i have to pay higher costs and get a bad download limit :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Digiweb metro is very good.
    It is wireless but no complaints about it here yet at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

im waiting on digiweb to come out to the house and see if metro is all good to go

as u said smart and digiweb are related and only heard good things on digiweb, apart from slow downs if u go over the data limit but u can buy more data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

jjbrien wrote: »
    dam it looks like i am on Nationwide Bitstream :( means i have to pay higher costs and get a bad download limit :rolleyes:
    I am considering Smart too and would also be bitstream. What are the higher costs and bad download limit?

Advertisement