Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera Sunglasses!?

• 07-01-2011 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

gaga-sunglasses-polaroid.jpg

So. New yolk. Polaroid Camera Sunglasses. (also something about Lady Gaga but I'm ignoring that bit).

What do you all reckon? Yay? Nay?

Me - I find it odd but interesting and can definitly see potential success for the product. Would I buy it? Probably not. Would I try it? I'd love to have a try. (Thought they probably look well stupid when worn).

I do like the innovation aspect of it - also wondering is this a step towards 3D Photography for the public? Anyhoo... I think they're quirky :rolleyes:

The Product:
    The camera sits atop the bridge of your nose while the displays land just below your line of sight--yes, you can still see with the sunglasses on. "With the effect of the oversize lens, they look to the person on the otherside like your eyes. The glasses (pictured) act as a wearable camera, and can snap pictures, be pre-loaded with slideshows and video, and are meant to enable real-time photo sharing.

(Via Fast Company )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Interesting, whats the price tag? I would buy them just to try them out, and possibly get some different shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I don't actually know, didn't think it was for sale yet - but I do assume it will become so, seeing as that one I'm ignoring also designed a few other things for Polaroid.

/hops off to Polaroid website...

Nope. Not available yet. Was launched at CES this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

It'll be hoover-boards next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

I was well disappointed when I found out hover boards weren't real. :(

Does it actually print a photo? The use of the word Polaroid makes me think it does instant printing?

Otherwise it's just a camera in sunglasses, which has been done many a time before, I believe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Lady Gaga is creative director of polaroid so she probably created them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Lady Gaga is creative director of polaroid so she probably created them.

She's the one I'm refusing to mention and yes, yes she did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Are you talking about Hover-boards as in Back to the Future Part II? Or.. are you talking about HOOVER boards, which sound quite useful in their own rite? :)
    Scamp- wrote: »
    It'll be hoover-boards next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Does it actually print a photo? The use of the word Polaroid makes me think it does instant printing?

Otherwise it's just a camera in sunglasses, which has been done many a time before, I believe?

Polaroid is a brand, it is often thought to be just a specific type of camera. Where as I've a Kodak EK160, which is basically the same as the 'Polaroids' they are just known as 'instant cameras' to most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Polaroid is a brand, it is often thought to be just a specific type of camera. Where as I've a Kodak EK160, which is basically the same as the 'Polaroids' they are just known as 'instant cameras' to most.

Like the Hoover-Boards.

They're just fancy vacuum cleaners, like Nilfisk or Dyson or whathaveyou...

• Advertisement
Advertisement