Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland Abrakababra

Options
  • 07-01-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Now I expected to pay somewhat higher price considering it was one of 3 or 4 food places in the whole of funderland....so I forked up 4 euro for a large chips and 450 for cheese fries...HOWEVER. I asked for a bottle of water and was handed a pepsi cup of water from a fridge and was told it was 2.50. I said your taking the piss surely you cant charge me that for tap water. She told me that they werent allowed give out plastic bottles. I would be more understanding if I physically saw her pour the bottle of water into my cup with ice. But no, im sorry, I refuse to pay 2.50 for a random cup of water.

*Rant over*

Sorry I just had to get it out of my system:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

dno7239 wrote: »
    Now I expected to pay somewhat higher price considering it was one of 3 or 4 food places in the whole of funderland....so I forked up 4 euro for a large chips and 450 for cheese fries...HOWEVER. I asked for a bottle of water and was handed a pepsi cup of water from a fridge and was told it was 2.50. I said your taking the piss surely you cant charge me that for tap water. She told me that they werent allowed give out plastic bottles. I would be more understanding if I physically saw her pour the bottle of water into my cup with ice. But no, im sorry, I refuse to pay 2.50 for a random cup of water.

*Rant over*

Sorry I just had to get it out of my system:)

FFS ... What a rip off.

Feck funderland, theres a load of scummers at it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

UNFCKNBLVABLE!

I would have thrown the feckin water at her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Abrakabortion, name says it all. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

But no, im sorry, I refuse to pay 2.50 for a random cup of water.

but you have no problem paying 4 quid for a few chips? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

well yeah, when you have a starving 11 year old with you and nowhere else to eat ya just put up wit it. Like I said, I expect to pay more for the food ( I dont agree with it, and it sucks, but back to the main point of this thread which concerns the water), with the water, it would be more understandable if they had poured a bottle of water in front of me, however, it could easily be tap water considering there were no water bottles in site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

What do you expect to be honest?

so I forked up 4 euro for a large chips and 450 for cheese fries

and this is the reason this sub forum even exsists, if enough people pay the price then prices will never come down, a business is a business at the end of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

, when you have a starving 11 year old with you

maybe you should have fed him properly BEFORE you went there, especially if you knew the prices were going to be extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

maybe you should have fed him properly BEFORE you went there, especially if you knew the prices were going to be extortionate.

Do you have kids ?
    Do you realise how much sh*t you have to carry with you, besides the food for just in case the food is expensive.

Guess I should start bringing cans to the pub just in case the pints are a ripoff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Plus you probably dont want to feed your kids right before they go on a lot of very fast and bumpy rides.....that could be very messy

Na i'll just complain later about "rip off ireland"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

In the NEC in Birmingham they used to charge very high prices for food and the food was mainly crap - there would rarely be queues even though there were not many outlets.

Then they changed and guaranteed that every food outlet would charge the same price as their outlets on the high street. They have trebled the number of outlets and at any conference / exhibition I've attended in the past few years every one of the food outlets was doign a roaring trade. - Most sandwiches are under £3, decent burger with chips & trimmings about £6.

In recent years both Earls Court & Excel exhibition places have copied the same policy and again, the food places are always busy.

Now if only the like of RDS & the point etc could think this way - there would be an end to this most blatant rip off and there might even be a choice of food offering instead of the muck erved up by the monopoly operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Well Fightingirish isnt that the point of the thread in all fairness? To complain about the ripoffs in Ireland, and perhaps to warn people ahead of time. Maybe someone read my post and brought there own food as a result of reading my experience.

Well Fightingirish isnt that the point of the thread in all fairness? To complain about the ripoffs in Ireland, and perhaps to warn people ahead of time. Maybe someone read my post and brought there own food as a result of reading my experience.

You realise the reason we are being ripped off is because a business will set the highest price that the customer will pay so in reality we are screwing ourselves

Advertisement