Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz/blues bar in Dublin city

Options
  • 07-01-2011 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a Jazz/blues bar in Dublin? Somewhere where you have your own little table like in a 40's movie! Its more ambiance and decor I'm looking for than anything else

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Does anyone know of a Jazz/blues bar in Dublin? Somewhere where you have your own little table like in a 40's movie! Its more ambiance and decor I'm looking for than anything else

J.J Symth's on Aungier Street, and the Blue Note on Capel Street both have the music, but neither have the decor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheBlaggard

Last time I was in Shibeen Chic on George's street they had a pretty good Jazz band playing, nice vibe. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

JJ's has authentic 40's decor...cos they havent done that kip up since then :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xuan xuan

I think Le Cirque on Dame St. does have jazz nights sometimes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i think the viper room has turned into a blues bar but not sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Viper Room is now Gypsy Rose, it's a bit more rock than blues. Still not a bad spot in general though.

Check out JJ Smyths for the music definitely, though as mentioned, you won't get much in the way of decor :phttp://www.jjsmyths.com/gigs.html

Advertisement