Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get American snacks in Dublin?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Can anyone answer my question? I going by Lucky Charms ,Reece's, Hershey, Moutain Dew etc. They are online but the pricing is really high especially the delivery. Anywhere in and around the Dublin area. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

I think the UCD Student Union shop in Donnybrook used to sell Reese's/Hershey products. They did when I was there a few years ago, but I haven't been back since.

I've seen Lucky Charms on sale in some shops in Ireland, but they're always ridiculously expensive (upwards of eight euro).

Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer street sells lucky charms, Hershey's, Reece's and other American stuff, but it's pretty expensive. I've seen Reece's in Centras in a couple places, and the Candy Store on O' Connell Street. Hersheys are also sold both in some Centras and The Candy Store. Not sure about Mountain Dew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If you're over the south side of Dublin, the Gourmet Shop in Churchtown (beside Supervalu / churchtown stores) on the Braemor Road does Lucky Charms & a range of hersheys/other american products.
    If you're in Dundrum Town Centre - the newsagents on the ground floor at the back of the escalators (and across from Argos) do a range of hersheys/other sweets.
    On the second floor there is a Harvey Nichols or House of Fraser food shop, they stock Lucky Charms and some american products too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I actually saw reeces and herseys on offer in Topas today (2 for 2euro which is pretty good). I think a lot of newsagents now carry them.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

star-pants wrote: »
    If you're over the south side of Dublin, the Gourmet Shop in Churchtown (beside Supervalu / churchtown stores) on the Braemor Road does Lucky Charms & a range of hersheys/other american products.
    If you're in Dundrum Town Centre - the newsagents on the ground floor at the back of the escalators (and across from Argos) do a range of hersheys/other sweets.
    On the second floor there is a Harvey Nichols or House of Fraser food shop, they stock Lucky Charms and some american products too.

How's the price? Probably a little pricey I'd say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Here's another question anyone know where to find the Canadian Soda Jones. It used to be in most newsagents/shops but I can't find them anywhere they've seemed to disappeared, I know you can get them in the shop in James' hospital but I not gonna go to the hospital just to get soda.

David086 wrote: »
    How's the price? Probably a little pricey I'd say?

To be fair they're all in around the same price for the stuff.
    Box of Lucky Charms is usually anywhere between 8-11 euro, reeses can be around the same price as normal chocolate here, but probably closer to the euro mark. Some of the stuff is 1.50 +, again depends on which specific one.
    Jones' Soda? In the bottles, different colours/flavours like bubble gum and so forth?
    The SuperValu beside the Gourmet Shop used to stock them, not sure if they still do. The shop I mentioned in Dundrum Town Centre also sometimes stock them. If on special they're a euro a bottle but probably dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

I've regularly seen Hersheys and Reeces in Aldi. You'll also find them in Avoca stores too (probably for a good bit more than Aldi though!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Anywhere in Dublin selling Mountain Dew ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭corpo3030

A lot of Spar store carry Hersheys and Jones Soda, the Spar near where I work in Citywest had Hersheys, Reeses, and Jones Soda, I've never bought any myself but someone must be. I've seen them in a few different Spar shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Anyone know if you can get Twizzlers in Ireland? I'm in Cork but I've never seen them anywhere here or in Dublin.

Anyone know if you can get Twizzlers in Ireland? I'm in Cork but I've never seen them anywhere here or in Dublin.

I remember people saying certain stores stocked them before but I can't recall which. I know in Dublin (again dundrum) that newsagents stock twizzlers, cuz I tried them thinking 'red liqourice whips' .. not!

re:Mountain Dew check out this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Thanks! I'll have to check in Dundrum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

star-pants wrote: »
    To be fair they're all in around the same price for the stuff.
    Box of Lucky Charms is usually anywhere between 8-11 euro, reeses can be around the same price as normal chocolate here, but probably closer to the euro mark. Some of the stuff is 1.50 +, again depends on which specific one.
    Jones' Soda? In the bottles, different colours/flavours like bubble gum and so forth?
    The SuperValu beside the Gourmet Shop used to stock them, not sure if they still do. The shop I mentioned in Dundrum Town Centre also sometimes stock them. If on special they're a euro a bottle but probably dearer.

The lads in Gourmet shop are great, they will order stuff in for you. I love sunkist and they would order extra in for me and look after me for price,love all that american food. They also gave me an order list of all the stock that they could get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aminire

There is a new online American Food Store located in Dublin and shipping all over Ireland. www.americanfood.ie. They have twizzlers and all types of candy, general groceries, cereals, baking products...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Has anyone seen Pretzel flips around anywhere? The site I normally order from is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Twinkies - where to get them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Metal_Princess

Ok....Reeces, lucky charms, mountain dew, twinkies twizzlers and all the other american good stuff is all sold in a shop called candly lab in dublin. its just beside central bank its painted bright pink, you cant miss it
    They sell cherry coke, vanilla coke, kool aid,nerds, pop tarts, jolly ranchers different varieties of m&m's a huuuge pick and mix wall, they do home made ice cream too.

Also they take suggestions from customers about products to order in which is really cool

this shop is my heaven!!
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dogwoodflower

I know this isn't Dublin. But Galway have a candy shop with the most american snacks and candy i have seen in Ireland. I'm currently living in America but understand what its like to live in Ireland and want american candy etc. I think it would be worth the trip. It includes reese's, hersheys, marshmallow fluff, tootsie rolls etc
    And a tip for mountain dew and root beer, Oriental Food stores..... seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Has anybody seen Nabisco Nilla Wafers anywhere in Ireland? I know I can get them shipped from the UK but the shipping cost is mad for a £4.50 box of biscuits!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Donnybrook Fair do a lot of the american stuff, lucky charms, hershey's, reeses etc. Oh and pop tarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've seen Mountain Dews in Asia Market Drury St.
    They also have A&W Root Beer.
    You can easily get Reese's in Spar, as well as Jones Soda. Well at least in my local Spar garage in Newcastle Dublin.

That newsagent in Dundrum Shopping Centre is brilliant too. I often get Tootsie Rolls there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 icetronix

aminire wrote: »
    There is a new online American Food Store located in Dublin and shipping all over Ireland. www.americanfood.ie. They have twizzlers and all types of candy, general groceries, cereals, baking products...
    OMFG!
    I live so close to that store they stock, will have to take a drive out there and go fatkid on their stock! God ima be broke after i buy all the things i want XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

does anywhere in dublin sell Fritos?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rainshine

Last month I was in Dublin city centre and was very excited to see a new sweet shop in Temple Bar, think it was called Candy Lab, beside central bank. Went in and bought Twizzlers; I'd been craving them since a trip to the US two years ago! They had loads of other American sweets, drinks, cereals etc. Can't quite remember off the top of my head which brands but it was quite pricey.

Advertisement