Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help cooking dinner :S

Options
  • 07-01-2011 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Heeeey ! First of all apologies if this is in the wrong place :S Im a newbie !

Right so today Mother Dearie told myself, my brother and sister that she wanted us to do a come dine with me style thing for the next three nights.
    Three students, three nights, three different dinner parties ! One family case of food poisoning by Saturday !!!

So tonight my brother kicked it off with pork chops and mashed potatoes. My sister has already 'bagsie-d' using chicken as an ingredient. Now I'm stumped :(

I want easy and fool proof. Its not that easy when 1 person doesnt eat cheese and another doesnt eat pasta :S HELP PLEASE !!

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Ham sandwiches served with TK cola.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sausage and chips. From the chipper. You'll win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Chilli con carne with rice or jacket potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Can't go wrong with a good pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ilovemybed

im so stressed !! Im also really competitive and I would HATE if my sister (the future WAG) beat me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You can when one of her guests doesn't eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Or something with cheese in.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Toad in the Hole wit Onion Gravy and a Carrot/Swede Mash

Mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ilovemybed

cheesey pasta bake ? ? Uhhhh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

rack of lamb or slow cooked lamb shank , dear god, nyom nyom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

So what if they used chicken and pork? More fool them I say! You can use beef!

But better still, I think you should splash out and buy some fresh salmon fillets. Coat the skin side in flour (seasoned with salt and pepper) and fry skin side down in a hot pan 5-6 minutes, or until the skin is golden. Then bake (skin side down again) in a 200 degree oven until it's cooked to your liking, which is about 15 minutes for me.

Serve with risotto, roast potatoes, creamy mashed potatoes, baked potatoes... not all of them, just choose one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Lol at your mum-good way of having a cooking holiday!!

Seriously though, try a sausage casserole if your stuck, cheat by buying a Colemans packet sauce mix, fry up your sausies, throw them into a casserole dish with big chunks of onion and chunky cut carrots, throw it into the oven for an hour or so, along with spuds and parsnips in a seperate roasting dish(drizzle them with oil and mix with rosemary or even a little bit of honey)
    Result! And its the easiest thing in the world to make:D

(ps- hide the packet and you can claim its a secret sauce mix!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Check out the Easy Peasy Recipes thread for some ideas.

Advertisement