Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Letterkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

i can believe that its very difficult for people from down the country getting to know new people up here. Im from Lk and going to college in Dub in September.

There is NOTHING to do up here....severe lack of social conventions, community and even decent nightclubs. They are all monotonous as f**k, with the same skill-less DJs spewing out the same crap in almost the same tracklist order every week. The only club i will credit is INK who are starting to get some big-name DJs every couple of weeks à la Ritual back around '07 time when they had Tony Watters as resident. One of the best DJs in the town and no club will give a residency. Basically sums up LK nightlife.

Personally looking forward to getting out of this town. :p

Depends what you are after not everyone is interested in getting pissed up

every weekend. Dublin seems great but can get boring after a while as well.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Jesus, if there's nothing to do in Letterkenny, God help the rest of the county!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

@IPAM

Exact same situation here, moved here from Dublin and only know my GF.

The town itself is nice and the people seem bang on but my gripe is it is RUN by boy racers and the gardai do **** all about them.
    there's plenty to do. just I don't know anyone here :/

If there's a boards beers going on count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

hi first post here ..ex glasgow boy here aged 31 wondering would there be any lads up for a bit of mid week 5 a sides to get out & about ..nothing serious just a kickabout.. i miss playing footy a lot but wouldnt be confident/fit enough to play for a 11 a side local league team tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    hi first post here ..ex glasgow boy here aged 31 wondering would there be any lads up for a bit of mid week 5 a sides to get out & about ..nothing serious just a kickabout.. i miss playing footy a lot but wouldnt be confident/fit enough to play for a 11 a side local league team tbh!

On the bus goin home for a few days and was thinking of this! I used to play astro every Tuesday n Thursday at home, would love to get back into it before rugby starts up again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

it is RUN by boy racers and the gardai do **** all about them.

While you're correct about the Gardai, the boy racers most certainly do not run the town.

Advertisement