Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbl accounts

• 07-01-2011 2:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i've got 4 XBL accounts on my xbox elite, im looking at getting the xbox slim, how would i got about transfering everything with the downloads onto the new console?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A USB stick, you can only copy over 16Gb at a time though.

If you have a decent broadband connection you can just download all the accounts and dlc again onto your new 360 from Live itself. But you game save data will still be on the old console unless you copy that over with a USB stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

ok, thats great I'll do that, so I plug the USB into the xbox and then what do I do?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Go the the Xbox memory page and it will show what's on you HDD. It divides it up into account, game save, game installs, dlc, demos, vids and music into different folders.

It should also detect your USB stick here too. Just copy the accounts across, they are usually small files and the same for the rest of what you want to keep.

When you have your new console just go to the same menue screen and copy the files from the USB stick to the HDD on the new console.

It should all be fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

You can use a Data Transfer cable I think.....I'm not sure though because of the new HDD, but if not the USB Stick should do fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement