Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What change has there been in your rent/mortgage cost? (2011)

Options
  • 07-01-2011 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭

Compared to this time one year ago, has your rent/mortgage increased or decreased?

What change has there been in you rent/mortgage cost? 84 votes

Rent. Decrease 20% or more
    0% 0 votes
    Rent. Decrease 11-19%
    4% 4 votes
    Rent. Decrease 6-10%
    7% 6 votes
    Rent. Decrease 1-5%
    5% 5 votes
    Rent. No change
    2% 2 votes
    Rent. Increase 1-5%
    29% 25 votes
    Rent. Increase 6-10%
    3% 3 votes
    Rent. Increase 11-19%
    4% 4 votes
    Rent. Increase 20% or more
    1% 1 vote
    Mortgage. Decrease 20% or more
    1% 1 vote
    Mortgage. Decrease 11-19%
    1% 1 vote
    Mortgage. Decrease 6-10%
    0% 0 votes
    Mortgage. Decrease 1-5%
    1% 1 vote
    Mortgage. No change
    1% 1 vote
    Mortgage. Increase 1-5%
    16% 14 votes
    Mortgage. Increase 6-10%
    8% 7 votes
    Mortgage. Increase 11-19%
    2% 2 votes
    Mortgage. Increase 20% or more
    1% 1 vote
    Changed from rent to mortgage
    2% 2 votes
    Changed from mortgage to rent
    2% 2 votes
    I have my rent paid for me
    0% 0 votes
    I live with family / friends / a partner
    0% 0 votes
    I/we own a residence / mortgage paid off
    2% 2 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

I selected other,
    got moved by my landlord to another place from Tullamore to Birr because my other place along with my partner and child got flooded,
    The place in Tullamore was only 400 euro's pcm 3 bed apartment and the place in birr is 700 euro,
    The landlord is paying the difference-he does'nt own the five bed house in birr. The house is way better than his apartment!
    So in a way you could say we got a new place with 300 more rent, but we pay the same as the appt!
    Happy out guys!
    Our landlord is lovely though,she is a saint and a credit to us.
    Sorry for the long post!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Our rent decreased by almost 30%, but that was due to us moving to a new property - moved from suburbs to a more rural area.
    The house we are now in is pretty much the same size, but detached and "nicer", much bigger (and very private) mature gardens and large private drive, we have a large plumbed and wired garage, we didn't have one in our previous property. Sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

No change - rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Mortgage (tracker) no change in the last 18 odd months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

No change = rent.
    I remember in 2007/08 i was paying 1000e a month for a poxy 2 bed appartment, and now paying 750e a month for a 3 bed house. Crazy really if you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Rent in 2008 1400 in late 2009 got landlord down to 1200, 2010 down to 1100 and moved waliing distance in 2011 down to 950.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

5 bed detached house rented in mid 2007 for €693 per month.

Mid 2009 sought reduction to €600

Mid 2010 sought reduction to €400. Landlord said he wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage with that; told him I didn't give a fnck about his mortgage. Then he stopped returning calls and emails in the hope that we would forget about it so we cancelled standing order. He only made contact in May 2011 almost a year later so we paid him the back rent at the amount per month we had sought the reduction to of €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I've put in 6-10% increase in rent.

I bought a place so am on a fixed rate for three years, but I saw my last rental property on Daft and the landlord had increased the rent from €1000 to €1100 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

This time last year I shared a 3 bed semi with 2 others & we each paid €227pm.
    Now I live with my fiance in a 5 bed detached in similar area & mortgage is €419pm between us!
    We also rent a room out at €280pm.
    So technically i went from €227pm to €75pm!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement