Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Rent? (2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

650 a month for a 1 bed newish appartment overlooking a vineyard and chateau ;) [all bills included...including water, electricity, heating, internet, TV, phone]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

I pay €100.00 a week for a 4 bed, the sticks is really cheap :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

825 between myself and the missus for a 3 bed in naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

We were paying €995 for a 2 bed apartment on the Navan Road. We've given our notice though as we've bought our own place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

angel01 wrote: »
    there is only me and my boyfriend here

are you sure :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

House is 500 p/m and I am living with my boyfriend. We split it so it was 250 each and it has just dropped so I am now paying 130 p/m :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

1100 Euro 3bed house Dublin20,my family pay 550 euro for one room.....House is old,place is good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

340 per month, giant room so happy out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

340 per month, but have a huge room. big telly at the end of my bed, so i get value for money. all my other housemates are only paying 250 :(. but ya get what ya pay for i suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 romcdo

€800 for a 3 bedroom apartment in Alandale, Limerick. (2 people)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

€1050 per month for 2 bed house, Finglas Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

1000e a month, 2 bedroomed appartment, Castleknock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Just moved recently and got a great deal of 950pcm of a 3 bed (extended so 2 reception, utility and garage) in Lucan, delighted, walk to schools and shops and we are allowed decorate as we wish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

€1,000 for a fairly big two bedroom apartment in the centre of Terenure. It was €1200 when we moved in but we got them to drop it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cazzy25

angel01 wrote: »
    I pay 450 Euro, there is only me and my boyfriend here, rent is 900 for a 2 bed Apt.

Hi do u mind me asking if you are working or on the social?

The reason I ask is bcos me and my bf r looking for an appartment and Im on the dole and we seen a place for 950 but dunno if im entitled to it????

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Belladance

I pay 255 per month in cork city - 950 for the entire house, divided by 4... (3 double bedrooms and 1 single) we divided it up the fairest way we thought possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Cazzy25 wrote: »
    Hi do u mind me asking if you are working or on the social?

The reason I ask is bcos me and my bf r looking for an appartment and Im on the dole and we seen a place for 950 but dunno if im entitled to it????

Sorry only spotted this now, I am working.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

we pay 650eu. 5 bedroom 2 living room 1 dining room and garage. bungalow.

only 2 of us living in it. we even made bedroom from one of the bedrooms becouse ith as fireplace... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Delirio

1.300/month, me & girlfriend.
    2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms in Grand Canal Dock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Delirio wrote: »
    1.300/month, me & girlfriend.
    2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms in Grand Canal Dock.
    That's very cheap? :confused:

• Advertisement

That's very cheap? :confused:

are you asking or confirming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

€412.50 a month sharing a 4 bed house in Blackrock, Dublin. rent is split evenly (3 double rooms and 1 single)

our lease is up soon and we want to renew for another year. We managed to negotiate the rent when we first moved in as we took it the day it was advertised. Do you think it is cheeky to ask for another reduction when asking for another 1 year lease?

are you asking or confirming ?
    Just wondering how you have rented a two-bed apartment in Grand Canal Dock for €300 per month. Back when I lived in Dublin it would have been closer to €1500.

tmc86 wrote: »
    €412.50 a month sharing a 4 bed house in Blackrock, Dublin. rent is split evenly (3 double rooms and 1 single)

our lease is up soon and we want to renew for another year. We managed to negotiate the rent when we first moved in as we took it the day it was advertised. Do you think it is cheeky to ask for another reduction when asking for another 1 year lease?
    Not at all. Point to the tax increases and levies, and tell the landlord you have less money now.

Just wondering how you have rented a two-bed apartment in Grand Canal Dock for €300 per month. Back when I lived in Dublin it would have been closer to €1500.

1300/month......300/month costs a garage almost ! :D

1300/month......300/month costs a garage almost ! :D
    Ah - it's €1300, not €300!

You could fix your original message, then delete your clarification, and I'd look really stupid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

€875 per Month for good size 2 bed apt. in Swords. Was originally €1150 when we moved in 3 years ago but fair play to the landlord, rent came down over time.

Ah - it's €1300, not €300!

You could fix your original message, then delete your clarification, and I'd look really stupid. :)

1.300/month I stated in my original post. :)

1.300/month I stated in my original post. :)
    Ah - you're not Irish? We would put a comma there (1,300) instead of a decimal point. Mystery solved!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Interesting that hundreds of people voted, yet not one voted "I have my rent paid for me", considering the government supposedly pays half of all residential rents in the state with RA/RS. I guess they don't consider that somebody else is paying it for them.

I pay 900 per month for a 1 bed on the quays in Dublin 2.

Advertisement