Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Rent? (2011)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

I pay €275, so does my OH so we pay €550 for a 3 bed house, front and rear garden in a nice country setting. Can't complain! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Interesting that hundreds of people voted, yet not one voted "I have my rent paid for me", considering the government supposedly pays half of all residential rents in the state with RA/RS. I guess they don't consider that somebody else is paying it for them.
    That isn't what is intended by that option.

Most people receiving Rent Allowance need to pay part of the rent themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

700€ between me and OH for a lovely 4-Bedroom house with huge garden and separated garage. Loving it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

rent 650 a month in limerick city for a 3bed house here 2 years next month.nice little back yard for the dog to run round only dislike is i have no front garden :( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

€725 pm between 3 for a lovely 3 bed house in waterford!! bit of a move from cork but the rent prices are great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

Myself and the OH pay €1000 a month for 3 bed house in Clontarf. We got a preety good deal as it was a friend of a friend.........of a friend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

geem wrote: »
    550 per month between me and other half - Galway - country side, 6 bedroom house, large garden, lovely area.

WOW!!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭xxpopopxx

€950 a month for a 3 bed house in Kingswood, Tallaght. Would you say that's a reasonable price for this current economy or could I talk down rent by a couple of quid... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

€1000 for 3 bed, 1 bath in Lucan for me, OH, 2 kids and a cat.
    Had only planned to stay for 6ish months and a year later still here so am going to mention rent reduction to LL when our year is up in Nov.
    OK house-early 80's with questionable decor and no dishwasher (my OH major complaint-he does dinner dishes!!)
    Good LL-very prof and gets any issue sorted v quickly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

€550 for myself, partner and kid in a 2 floor, 4 bed apartment. Tis nice to have a games room :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

Victor wrote: »
    That isn't what is intended by that option.

Most people receiving Rent Allowance need to pay part of the rent themselves.

24 Euro per week. While it is part of the rent - it's a pretty minor part.

daltonmd

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

daltonmd wrote: »
    24 Euro per week. While it is part of the rent - it's a pretty minor part.
    Assuming this is because you receive rent allowance, your rent isn't €24 - that is the portion you pay from your own resources, it isn't the amount of your rent. You are responsible for paying hte full rent, however you fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

200 p/m

sharing with OH (rent split 50/50)

3 bedrooms (two double 1 single)/bathroom/toilet/en suite/kitchen/living room

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    200 p/m

sharing with OH (rent split 50/50)

3 bedrooms (two double 1 single)/bathroom/toilet/en suite/kitchen/living room

Bloody hell that's some deal. Where is that if you don't mind me asking?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

1100 for a 2 bedroom apt in Christchurch

Advertisement