Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal accident benefit in motor insurance- worth it?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭

I'm unsure as to whether i should add personal accident benefit to my motor insurance (for an extra 100 euro).
    I've been doing fine on cheap and cheerful (albeit fully comp.) motor insurance for a while, not really paying attention to how much PAB cover i had but i've just started to obsess over it now for no reason. :p

By all accounts, many policies just do the minimum PAB cover (5000 say) so i'm not alone.
    But the AA cover up to 75000.

Do i really need this- i have VHI.
    Who has this on their policy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I'm unsure as to whether i should add personal accident benefit to my motor insurance (for an extra 100 euro).
    I've been doing fine on cheap and cheerful (albeit fully comp.) motor insurance for a while, not really paying attention to how much PAB cover i had but i've just started to obsess over it now for no reason. :p

By all accounts, many policies just do the minimum PAB cover (5000 say) so i'm not alone.
    But the AA cover up to 75000.

Do i really need this- i have VHI.
    Who has this on their policy?
    If the extension gives you a weekly/monthly amount while you are injured it may be worth it. If it only gives you an amount in the event of a loss of limb or death etc, it is not worth it and poor value

Advertisement