Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NewEgg and Parcel Forwarding

Options
  • 07-01-2011 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I am building my own gaming pc to play Starcraft 2 and am looking for the best place to get the parts, I had an idea of buying from Newegg and using a parcel forwarding service such as: http://www.bongous.com/

Has anybody ever done this and do you think it would work out much cheaper?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buying from Komplett or Hardwareversand you wont get stung for tax again, from the US you most likely will. Thats another 21-25% on top of the total cost, including shipping. It may still be slightly cheaper, but the inability to easily RMA it would make it an unjustifiable saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It would be madness unless you need hard to get parts. That forwarding costs enough money to cut back your margins to a minimum, but as LB says, you'll have to pay import duty and VAT on the items and the shipping. I doubt you'd save any money.

Hardwareversand has the lowest VAT rates, although scan.co.uk seem to be the cheapest at the moment, but it can vary from week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

MiCrOMaN1 wrote: »
    I am building my own gaming pc to play Starcraft 2 and am looking for the best place to get the parts, I had an idea of buying from Newegg and using a parcel forwarding service such as: http://www.bongous.com/

Has anybody ever done this and do you think it would work out much cheaper?
    Thank you in advance.

It won't work out cheaper.
    The parcel-forwarding services I've looked into charge three arms and five legs for small packages, can't imagine what they'd charge for large components and lots of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Shop in Germany, they have 19% Vatrate and they take Euro. Hardwareversand.de charge €30 per delivery no matter how many items.

Advertisement