Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food 'festival'/competition suggestion

Options
  • 07-01-2011 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I know Galway has the Oyster festival but I have another food suggestion-
    Have a food weekend where food businesses can set up a stall (maybe in Eyre Sq or the empty space by the Docks).
    People can buy a dish from them (like Taste of Dublin/Cork).
    But here's the main bit- have a panel of judges vote on the best chips, burger, chicken wings, hot chocolate, muffin etc. in Galway.
    Results could be then publicised and premises could use the results for promoting their business (voted best/2nd best burger in Galway etc).

I know that I'd visit a place that I hadn't tried before if it won best X in Galway. What do ye think?

I know Limerick has an annual food weekend and it draws a lot of tourists in.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

Food Network Challenge Galway?

Mm Creeem Freesh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Good idea OP, I would definately visit it but are you looking to see if the interest/market for such an idea is there or are you looking for people to get involved and make it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

magentas wrote: »
    Good idea OP, I would definately visit it but are you looking to see if the interest/market for such an idea is there or are you looking for people to get involved and make it happen?

It's just a thought (like building a shopping center outside town), I'm not looking to get involved or looking for people to make it happen. I could always just send an e-mail to Galway Chamber of Commerce/tourism (or whoever would be the most relevant dept- anyone know?)
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Advertisement