Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family doctor recommendation - Dublin 8

• 07-01-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭

Just found this thread :)

My girlfriend is pregnant and we're trying to find a good family doctor in the Dublin 8 (preferably South Circular Road, Harcourt Street, Portobello area).

Would anyone have any recommendations? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

I have actually found that medical centres are more family friendly nowadays.
    I went to one to get my pregnancy confirmed and found it easier then a family doctor as I was able to change Doc if I didnt like my one and if I had any problems there was always someone who could see me,

but thats just my experience, sorry I dont know any in the area to recommend but congrats! And goodluck on your search!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Like Butterfly love I also use one of the Medical centres as my General Practice (for 10 plus years now). I find them lovely, there are a range of doctors available with differing specialities so you can chose the one that is most appropriate (and that you like best) to your circumstances. Can't fault them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭oraiste

Thanks for the advice guys - I have found some recommendations on Boards for Harcourt Health, so we going to give them a go......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tinydancer77

Just in case you weren't happy with that doctor, I attend Dr Catherine Molloy in the Coombe Medical Centre which is on the grounds of the Coombe hospital and she is an excellent doctor. I would highly recommend her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭oraiste

Just in case you weren't happy with that doctor, I attend Dr Catherine Molloy in the Coombe Medical Centre which is on the grounds of the Coombe hospital and she is an excellent doctor. I would highly recommend her.

Thanks for this - we are very close to the Coombe so we might try her out :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement