Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest recycling in maynooth?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

hello all
    i am currently on kildare county council recycling with 2 bins.
    we dont put out the bin every week..may be once in 2-3 cycles. i guess we pay 180euros per year plus 8.50 per bin collection

is there any cheaper option available in maynooth for recycling?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thorntons pay by weight was the cheapest for us.
    Aes are good but were more expensive at the time.
    It is worth looking at both.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

hi i work for AES, we have 4 bins depending on where ya live, in towns ya get the 4, theres the green general waste, blue recycling, brown compost and a small blue bin for glass.
    bBlue and brown were wednesday just gone and green will be the following wednesday and then each is collected every second week, the glass would of being wednesday gone aswell and then its collected once a month.
    Not sure if the prices have changed but last year it was €148 service charge and then the green was €6.40 per lift, the brown is €3 per lift and the 2 blue are free

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mahons are 290 a year for 52 standard and 26 recycling collections with no weight limits IIRC. I'd have very heavy bins from time to time so its probably cheaper than Thorntons. Having 4 providers in the town doesn't seem to have brought prices down much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks folks for your suggestions.
    looks like AES is the cheapest for me.

Advertisement