Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta half price deal new customer

• 07-01-2011 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

whats the offer with setanta at the moment for a new customer? I see it on their website but cant seem to find any information on it. I emailed Setanta but no reply. IS it half price for a few months?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thats from 3 years ago Liameter.By coincedence I rang Setanta other day to cancel,cutting back on expenses.My bill was €16.99 pm, got it for €9.99 for 3 months.Otherwise I'd go to the pub for some of the games which is a lot more expensive.
    They show a good few Man Utd games and the premier league was my main reason for subscribing.Will be ditching it at the end of the season though.
    Tempted to get a foreign sub next season for EPL. Pain in the arse watching dodgy streams online to see a match thats not televised due to Premier League rules about what we can see on tv over here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Glad that Setanta has improved. The last post in that discussion was 2009.

I think Greek Nova covers Premier League games? I'm not sure what's required apart from an appropriate Digibox, CAM and subscription card. Unfortunately, I don't think it's cheap. I heard about €30 per month? Phew! :eek:

Liameter wrote: »
    Glad that Setanta has improved. The last post in that discussion was 2009.

I think Greek Nova covers Premier League games? I'm not sure what's required apart from an appropriate Digibox, CAM and subscription card. Unfortunately, I don't think it's cheap. I heard about €30 per month? Phew! :eek:

Not bad if you factor in all the games they show (I heard picture quality is an issue) compared to subscribing to Sky Sports,Setanta and ESPN for EPL coverage. At the minute Sky Sports and Setanta will do for me.(plus online-where I had to watch UTD. the other night)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

hasnt really answered my question whats the deal for new customers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well , on their website it says 2 months for the price of 1, but its not clear if that is the first month only. You also save €5 by signing up online:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I heard that ad. The one that proclaimed Setanta Sports is the only place to see the FA Cup this weekend. ESPN might have something to say about that claim.

You basically get a month free,by the way ITV are showing UTD v POOL in HD Sunday FTA.:) It seems ESPN have exclusive UK rights to some of the FA Cup,a bit like their Serie A coverage which we get on Setanta over here.

zerks wrote: »
    You basically get a month free,by the way ITV are showing UTD v POOL in HD Sunday FTA.:) It seems ESPN have exclusive UK rights to some of the FA Cup,a bit like their Serie A coverage which we get on Setanta over here.

Leicester City v Man City and Stevenage v Newcastle United are both on ESPN but nowhere to be seen on the Setanta schedules. I think ESPN have Irish rights to those games too.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Leicester City v Man City and Stevenage v Newcastle United are both on ESPN but nowhere to be seen on the Setanta schedules. I think ESPN have Irish rights to those games too.

Who cares about bitter Man City..:D It's a bit strange the way they have the rights split up,ah well football is football and I'll watch nearly anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Probably been answered elsewhere but can you watch setanta Ireland on sky tv in Ireland without paying for subscription to the rest of their package?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

An Post are doing the same deal as last year, new customers get 3 months free (€5 sign up though).

I think you have to pay 2 bills or something by Billpay, more info here:
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Billpay/Setanta+Sports+Promotion.htm

Advertisement