Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA F6, F8 and F9

• 07-01-2011 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I am going to take F6 F8 F9 for June 2011.

Can anyone recommend a college/ lecturer for these?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

I am on the same boat.

Looking to do F5 & F6 and was thinking about BPP in Dublin.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

Koni wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going to take F6 F8 F9 for June 2011.

Can anyone recommend a college/ lecturer for these?

Thanks!

F6 I would suggest Julie Hawkins http://www.dbs.ie/acca/julie-hawkins-f6.htm

F8 I thought Sean Browne was very good. He makes a mind numbingly dull subject surprisingly fun. He teaches in BPP.

Galego wrote: »
    I am on the same boat.

Looking to do F5 & F6 and was thinking about BPP in Dublin.

Any suggestions?

For F5 I thought Mick Bristow was very good. He was in Independent Colleges on Dawson St.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Koni

ianuss wrote: »
    F6 I would suggest Julie Hawkins.

Well everybody is saying she is very good

In relation to F8 heard that Umesh Rana in Griffith college is good, any surgestions?

What about F9??? Still can not make decission on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Koni wrote: »
    Well everybody is saying she is very good

What about F9??? Still can not make decission on that.

Have you made a decision re this choice?

From what I can see if you go with Julie Hawkins (F6) all the F9 timetables clash for at least one full weekend day, that's DBS, BPP, GCD & Ind! I'm set on my F6 choice but am a little peeved as I have no other F subjects left excluding F9 so have to sit it if I want to do more than just F6.

Does anyone know anything about McInerney taking F9 in DBS and can anyone provide more feedback on McStraw (BPP), O'Grady (GCD) or Bristow (Ind) beyond saying they were great e.g. humour, methodical and organised, good examples, time keeping (runs over, is often late, etc.), etc...

This way I hope to make a more informed choice as well as taking into account the number of clashing hours on the time tables!

Help really appreciated!

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    Have you made a decision re this choice?

From what I can see if you go with Julie Hawkins (F6) all the F9 timetables clash for at least one full weekend day, that's DBS, BPP, GCD & Ind! I'm set on my F6 choice but am a little peeved as I have no other F subjects left excluding F9 so have to sit it if I want to do more than just F6.

Does anyone know anything about McInerney taking F9 in DBS and can anyone provide more feedback on McStraw (BPP), O'Grady (GCD) or Bristow (Ind) beyond saying they were great e.g. humour, methodical and organised, good examples, time keeping (runs over, is often late, etc.), etc...

This way I hope to make a more informed choice as well as taking into account the number of clashing hours on the time tables!

Help really appreciated!

I didn't have Mick Bristow for F9, I had him for F5. He was very good at explaining issues. You're not going to get much craic out of him but...... His approach to answering questions was quite detailed and formulaic, in a good way. He was never late and gave good homework and good feedback too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Maclyn

Without a shadow of a doubt, Julie Hawkins in DBS - She really is fantastic. Everything laid out step by step. Do the work and your guaranteed to pass with her.

The rest I did home study, so cant help ya there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maciejowy

I'd say Julie is very time consuming and you don't have much time for other subjects. I did F6 with Mel Kilkenny and he was ok I passed no problem and didn't have to spend every Satday in college like some of my friends... plus they failed F4...

Definitely she is very good but not everyone needs to get into so much detail for F6 to pass

For F8 I'd say Umesh Rana in Griffith - he is really good!

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 aidandmoran

Hi all

I believe Griffith College is the best - The have done all my exams with them - Feel free to PM me if you want more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

Can we keep these posts free for genuine comment not for self serving purposes. Griffith College's standard of lecturers is generally poor and they attempting to promote themselves here is just sad.

To answer the OP
    F6 Julie Hawkins DBS
    F8 Dave O Donoghue Independent
    F9 Tom Mc Straw BPP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 aidandmoran

Yes we certainly can!

As a STUDENT for the ACCA I HAVE SAT ALL MY CLASSES WITH GCD.

I have found the staff to be a great help - helping my average of 68 % from the first 12 papers.

I have heard Julie Hawkins is v good - BY THE WAY.

My concern is the class sizes with other colleges - If you do not believe me, simply ask what is the average class size per paper!

I am trying to help people!

If anyone would like to PM me I can certainly prove I am an ACCA student at GCD.

Advertisement