Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 607 Doors Locked

Options
  • 07-01-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hey

Just looking from some help with an issue I've been having with a peugeot 607...

Been driving it for a couple of weeks and decent to drive, nice and comfortable would be very nice for the commute.

One of the days between the snow the doors wouldnt unlock with the remote so i thought the battery must be dying (it wasnt, drivers door still locks with the remote and the boot still opens not problems). Opened the drivers door with the key and reached across to the back doors to open them manually but they wont open...

I have tried every combination of locking and unlocking the doors with the remote, manually locking and unlocking each door with the control on each door and using the central locking button on the central console but I still cant get the doors to open.

Over xmas I was working away with as I wasn't doing much driving and was mostly on my own but when I went to put in diesel before going back to work at the start of the week I realised that now the diesel cap wont open!! so i cant put diesel in!

any idea's on what to do?

for more info
    - i have tried disconnecting the battery cable (negative one) for 10 mins in an attempt to reset everything but still not working.
    - I have changed the battery in the remote
    - tried opening close the doors using the remote, manually, centrally, from inside the car, outside the car...
    (edit)
    - when I press the unlock button (remote or the other one) you can hear the motors whirring but nothing opens.
    - when i press the unlock button on the remote the indicator lights flash continuously until I open the door with key

totally at a loss
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

If you can hear the motors whirring - it sounds electrical. you will have to get a diagnostis check i would say. (light flashing).
    At first it sounded like a motor failure but it is pointing towards the electrical side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

"when I press the unlock button (remote or the other one) you can hear the motors whirring but nothing opens."

I'd nearly have a guess that some part conecting the door locking motor and lock has broke inside the door.

You'll need to take off the door car and inspect the mechanism as you try the lock. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

Most cars have fuel cap release lever in boot. Have a look in owners manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Muckie wrote: »
    "when I press the unlock button (remote or the other one) you can hear the motors whirring but nothing opens."

I'd nearly have a guess that some part conecting the door locking motor and lock has broke inside the door.

You'll need to take off the door car and inspect the mechanism as you try the lock. Good luck.

I thought something along these lines but for all 4 doors and the diesel cap all at once?

analfabets wrote: »
    Most cars have fuel cap release lever in boot. Have a look in owners manual.

Cheers, I'll have a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eoin27

Nah dont waste your time doing any of that. I think I know exactly what the issue is. (The below solution is providing that your central locking operates while the car is running)

The 607 has a 'service battery' in the boot. Its behind the lining on the right. There is two plastic nuts on top and some fastners on the bottom you'll need to remove to get at it. It more than likely needs to be replaced. This battery takes care of all the electronics while the car isnt running. The battery up front just does the starting of the engine.

The one you need is 400Ah car battery that can be purchased in halfords for €90.

When this battery starts to go, it plays havoc with the electronics. On my pops 607, some of the doors wouldnt open properly with the key until eventually, they wouldnt open at all. I also got various error mesages on screen. All of this went as soon as I installed the new battery. I had the door card off about ten times before I figured it was the battery.

The 607 is made up of some very high quality materials so I doubt its the mechanism itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement