Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund from BA through cheaptickets.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

slimjimmc wrote: »
    MyKeyG,

You were advised that you "could request a refund or credit on the booking." You failed to act on that advice for whatever reason.

Rude and abnoxious posts and insulting other posters will not get you the answer you want to hear.
    You're correct. The post in question was edited within five minutes to revome the offensive material. The numbers provided to me did not work. As I mentioned I will provide same to any who require to test them. My illness then forced me to put the matter on hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Could you please provide evidence where:
    A: I was offered a refund.
    B: That the time period has anything to do with it
    C: I feel hard done by
    D: I'm moaning
    E: That I'm looking for sympathy

A: The individual who advised the refund could not offer it. He was not authorised to action anything due to the fact that it dealt with sensitive financial information. So I was NOT offered a refund by anyone.
    B: The point is moot as I was contacted a 7 days before departure, even if I had tried to avail of anything after 8 days Orbitz are telling me that I would have been a day too late.
    C&D: I clearly said that if it is what it is I'll accept it but so far all but one poster has played spin and contrivance with my posts.
    E: I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm looking for answers. BA T&C's make provision for exception to requests made after the ticket validity period and I wish to know what does exceptions are. Therefore your tardiness argument is null and void until such time as these exceptions can be established.

And I would greatly appreciate if you would give this genuine. Why do you feel the customer and not the company should do all the donkey work in getting back a refund (again bearing in mind I wasn't offered one by phone or writing) I was told I could make the request.

This is getting a bit rediculous, in your first post you said you were contacted by an Orbitz rep, the company you booked with and told you could apply for a refund, you answered question A yourself, the Ts&Cs are relevant to the time frame for B.

Read the Ts&Cs you agreed to when booking, contact BA and accept that you could have avoided this situation by dealing with it immediately. Incidently you can ring Orbitz, email Orbitz and go online for a live chat with Orbitz, all of which I have just done in the last couple of minutes and there was no delay in them answering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

To be honest OP you could do well to keep a cool head when reading davo's posts because i'd say this is likely what you will come up against when you try to get a refund. I doubt you will be successful.

Advertisement