Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agents

Options
  • 07-01-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Having recently rented through a letting agent with no trouble I had no problems looking at using a letting agent again.
    However there is one in particular who never seems to be able to arrange viewings for me. They just seem unmotivated to rent their properties.

Does anyone have any experience with agents? Who are the agents to avoid & why?

I'm not wanting to start slandering a business, just general info that you think others should know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Im with Premier Properties at the minute and never had a problem with them at all.......negotiable with rent and if there's a problem it gets sorted quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about them. Very nice people on the phone. Got an out of hours viewing sorted no problem.

I'd recomend Moore properties to anyone who asks. Very good to deal with, sorts any problems out quick sharp, negotiable with rent, easy to get in touch with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i was with Premier Properties for 3 1/2 years and just finished up with them because i moved to Vancouver Canada on Monday.

They were always very good and fair with us and never had any issues with them the whole time we rented. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

We're with Moore Properties on Port Road in town. He's always quick to send someone round if any maintenance or repairs are needed. Very helpful. Premier Properties are ok too in my experience.

OP is it Dermot McGettigans you're unhappy with, perchance?

Have you had a bad experience with them?
    I know I have. As I said seemed unmotivated to let the properties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kiddums wrote: »
    Have you had a bad experience with them?
    I know I have. As I said seemed unmotivated to let the properties.

Kinda have! whenever we needed something sorting in the house one of the guys would be quite snappy..... He'd say stuff like "we can't just drop everything here and sort out your problems you know" well, that's the whole point really... or you don't get rent payed. They did sort out a psychotic neighbour problem once though so it's not all bad... just mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Are you a student?

No, I work full time. Why?

Advertisement