Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dilemma - should I tell this person or not

• 07-01-2011 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Was watching a bit of that Operation Transformation on RTE Player.
    You know how in the opening sequences of these shows they show overweight people from the back as they go about their business?...

Well I recognise one of them!...it is definitely him/her.

So question is, should I send them the link and tell them about it and risk the chance of upsetting them, or just leave it? :pac:

(100% certain that it is them!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Dont send it. What would be the point?

AH Reply - post it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I'd leave it if I were you. You wouldn't want them to get upset and eat you would you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why did a hole for yourself?
    What have you to gain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

Risk the chance of upsetting them? For what? Nothing to be gained in telling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Biggins wrote: »
    What have you to gain!

Weight? :pac:

Even if it is them or not you're opening a can of whoppass upon yourself.

Do it anyways :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Biggins wrote: »
    Why did a hole for yourself?
    What have you to gain!

I did a hole once.
    I gained so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I wouldn't. It's horrible the way the media does that, there should be consent. People are always going to be recognised, even if it doesn't show the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Ah I know, I've no intention of sending it on, and it wouldn't be in a malicious way anyway, would be to let them know about them being used in the video. I don't agree with RTE and other companies filming people without their consent - granted, it's from the back, but it's a lot easier to identify someone than you would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

If you do tell them OP make sure you point and laugh

WindSock wrote: »
    I wouldn't. It's horrible the way the media does that, there should be consent. People are always going to be recognised, even if it doesn't show the face.

consent? why, filmed in a public place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rabies wrote: »
    I did a hole once.
    I gained so much

I lol'ed at that.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Is there a reason why you would want to be cruel?

I see what you mean, but when it has the potential to be embarrassing then there should be consent.

RTE doing that is akin to saying "hey you, you're fat..so fat, in fact, that we are gonna use you as an example on our new TV show".

Actually, come to think of it...I'd rather be non-consentually filmed than asked for my permission in this case!

Callan57 wrote: »
    Is there a reason why you would want to be cruel?

My OP came across as if I was going to do it in a cruel way! - I was contemplating sending it in order to let them know they were filmed by RTE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

DOOO IIIT, steo, turn to the dark side, mwah, ha, ha.

Do it, you will save them from a probable heart attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

steo87 wrote: »
    Was watching a bit of that Operation Transformation on RTE Player.
    You know how in the opening sequences of these shows they show overweight people from the back as they go about their business?...

Well I recognise one of them!...it is definitely him/her.

So question is, should I send them the link and tell them about it and risk the chance of upsetting them, or just leave it? :pac:

(100% certain that it is them!)

Just point out the ugly truth that they are a fat f*ck and they wouldn't have been filmed for sequences for operation transformation if this wasnt true.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Just point out the ugly truth that they are a fat f*ck and they wouldn't have been filmed for sequences for operation transformation if this wasnt true.

This is the approach to take if you want the person out of your life for good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Tell them about the amazing episode of operation transformation that they must see - hopefully they'll recognize themselves unless they have fat eyelids that will obstruct their view

Suppose, but I would say it is unethical to do that.
    If there was a program about handicapped children, they wouldn't go and film a bunch of special needs kids in wheelchairs without consent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Suppose, but I would say it is unethical to do that.
    If there was a program about handicapped children, they wouldn't go and film a bunch of special needs kids in wheelchairs without consent though.

That's different though, it's not something that was self inflicted. You're not born fat, takes a good bit of work eating to get there!!

jester77 wrote: »
    That's different though, it's not something that was self inflicted. You're not born fat, takes a good bit of work eating to get there!!

What about alcoholics and drug addicts? They wouldn't feature them unwittingly in an opening sequence to a show either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Dude you should totally send it, you owe it to yourself to send it :rolleyes:

giving him the reply he wanted to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

The only known cure for fatness is ridicule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What about alcoholics and drug addicts? They wouldn't feature them unwittingly in an opening sequence to a show either.

I've seen them showing people shooting up here in features about drugs. Haven't seen any on alcoholism.

Advertisement