Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your UI like now we're in Cata ?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what everyone is using for their UI in Cata or indeed, what they've put together themselves ?

I've been stumped myself for the last while, every UI suite I've tried either has something or other wrong with it, or it just doesn't suit me at all.

So last night I put together my own setup from various standalone addons, took a bit of time to throw it all together the way I want it but I'm finally happy enough with it.

Also wanted to take the opportunity to show it off a little and get some feedback :)

Some of the main addons I'm using are the following...

Carbonite (essential for levelling)
    _NPCscan and _NPCscan.Overlay (for tracking and hunting down rare mobs)
    Atlas and AtlasLoot (For Dungeon maps and loot checking)
    Badboy (for anti spam)
    Bagnon (bag/bank addon)
    Dominos (Bar addon)
    OmniCC (CD counter)
    MikScrollingBattleText - (for viewing damage done, have it set to the left of centre screen, scrolling upwards)
    oUF with oUF_Hank_v3 (for Player, target, target of target, target of target target ! - looks excellent imo, suits me perfect on the Druid)
    PowerAuras (improved aura's, so used to it now I can't be without it)
    Postal (Mail addon)
    Prat-3.0 (Chat addon)
    RedRange (addon for Dominos, shows if target is out of range on bars)
    Skada (Replacement for Recount, excellent DPS/healing meter and replaces Omen threat meter too, added bonus that)
    TipTac (Tooltip addon, have it set up top left, even shows targets talent spec, very nice addon)
    TuringTest (Afk leecher reporter, saves me getting annoyed at them, auto report leechers in BG's or TB)
    Wintergrasper_Advanced (Timer for when Tol Barad is due, have it set right up top left corner, nice addon, saves me using capping as I don't want all the other BG specific stuff, just a timer to show when TB is due)

I've no Raid/Boss addons installed as yet and I prefer to use the normal basic blizzard party and raid frames (though I adjust accordingly to what I prefer) for healing. I don't use any healing addons either, prefer the plain old way of doing things as I have a brain :P )

Anything else you think would be a good addition or I should look at getting ?

The bars and layout of same, although not very amazingly pretty, are the way I want them, the right size and the right layout - I map keys and use the mouse rather than be a clicker and keyboard turner so I want everything else that I haven't mapped, within easy access range - especially for pvp.
    All addons I use are stable, without faults/errors and all work well together without any strangeness.
    I couldn't find a stable minimap addon (I've tried them all!) so I've just left myself with the default Blizzard one - I might end up integrating it directly into Carbonite if it's usable enough, in the past it wasn't, seemed fairly confusing when farming for herbs/ore when integrated into Carbonite.

Anyway, here it is (Thumbnail as it's a large screeny, click on it for full size) any input or thoughts welcome and please throw up a screeny of what you're using or have setup yourself...

WoWScrnShot_010611_235851_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

mines very minimal using the blizzard frames and bars with;
    bagnon
    spamenot
    CT_Mod

wowscrnshot121810214828.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Altaholic
    Gatherer
    DBM
    Recount
    Omen
    Raid Buff Status (Probably going to retire it soon, but it was fierce handy for announcing feasts and checking well-fed on the raid)
    Decursive (I don't care what role you play, if you can cleanse or cure a poison of any sort, you want this)
    i think i might try Skada and Bagnon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I just use Recount and DBM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No UI panel changes anymore, went into the whole world of custom UI's and in the end, the new standard UI does everything I need.

I do still use mods but its for AH play and stuff like recount and DBM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

ropedrinks gui = me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Rope always has the the most bodacious ui's! :)

im running default as i keep getting error 132's and have no idea how to fix without changing OS, poop!

Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

nix wrote: »
    Rope always has the the most bodacious ui's! :)

im running default as i keep getting error 132's and have no idea how to fix without changing OS, poop!

Yay!

Underclock your gfx card, worked for me with all the graphical problems I was having with wow. No noticeable fps hit either. Running perfect and stable ever since. I only underclocked by 50mhz or so as well.
    Used the EVGA Precision tool for it (assuming nvidia here).

Not saying it will work for you too but all my problems were sorted by doing that.

I was using a similar UI to ropedrinks for ages and I liked it, it's just that it had issues for me with other addons as it's not been updated in ages, including the "fans update" version of it too.

I've still too much going on in the middle of the screen when tanking I found, so I have to figure out how to move everything around a bit better. The focus frame for example, is right slap bang in the middle of the screen with the Hank player/target frame addon - and I like to keep the healer on focus when tanking to keep an eye on their health and mana - it's just in the way at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Nehaxak wrote: »

whats the addon thats showing the health % in big fonts..

That would be the player/target frame addon I use which is oUF (which is nothing on it's own) used with oUF_Hank_v3 (which is what does all the nice stuff).

The other thing is that everything I use, can be updated separately as and when updates are released. Which I find important, rather than with some ui packages, if you update some things individually, it can break or cause problems with the rest.

I then just use the MMOUI Minion java app from Wowinterface to keep everything up-to-date all the time as all addons I use are also available from wowinterface only.

Ouf available here http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9994-oUF.html

...and you'll also need Ouf_Hank layout for same which is here http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info16239-oUF_Hank.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

has there been updates yet for the following:

atlas / atlasloot
    titan panel
    xperl

im currently only using recount and bartender because the rest hadnt been updated and the likes of atlas was casuing me crashes.

• Advertisement

Yeah both Atlas and AtlasLoot were updated a couple days ago, both working fine.
    Not sure about the others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm using Titan Panel and X-Perl without any issues. Atlasloot is also updated, though it doesnt show a lot of the new crafted gear (i.e. Tailoring recipies).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cheers lads, will check them out when i have a free night. rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Used SpartanUI for about a year, now use TukUI and love it, very simple and neat, can't stand clutter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I used Tukui for a while and really liked it but kept getting lua errors popping up.
    More than likely a conflict with one of the addons i have aswell as tukui.
    Im back to the standard blizzard action bars but using perl classic unitframes,auctioneer,tekkompare,bonus scanner,forte exorcist,power aura classic.
    I probably would of stuck with tukui but couldnt for the life of me find a way to increase the size of the action bars.
    Any ideas?

So to edit, i sorted the action bar size via text in the script folder, i think ill go back to using tukui again, apparently the latest vesrion addressed a lot of errors.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    This wouldn't be a problem if SpartanUI's party frames didn't just randomly break 2 patches ago...

Might not be just SpartanUI's party frames that are broken, the default blizzard ones (which I use myself as I was sick of every other one I used breaking at most inopportune times) have also gone tits up on me at random times, even with no addons whatsoever running. So it might be an actual Blizzard bug too playing into it all.

Ouf_FreeBgrid though is quiet small, nice (similar to Grid) if you want something different to try in a raid or BG setting - it's also grand enough to use in a party setting too...
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12264-oUF_Freebgrid.html#info

Don't discount the default Blizzard ones though, they're fairly configurable these days, both for party and raid, even with the random flakiness at times.

It does, a lot better.

Would be nicer if the Player/target frames were a little more rounded rather than the plain rectangular (maybe smaller also) and the gradient colouring of your and the targets health would seem a little hard on the eye's when concentrating on other things.
    To me anyway, I don't look directly at my or the targets health, it's only through passing glances or a matter of fact of it being their in my view that I'd notice it - just seems a little harder to notice with that gradient/changing colouring when looking elsewhere on the screen (as in concentrating on the fight and surroundings). If I even explained that well enough to understand :p

Would you not consider using Prat for your chat window ? Get rid of all the ugly stuff, arrows and all that around it ?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10783-Prat3.0.html

You might be able to turn off some of that gradient stuff via editing the .lua file.

Give prat a try though, it'll free up more screen space around the chat window and make it all nicer looking.

SpartanUI just been updated. Not tried it myself as I'm happy the way I am without it but for anyone like Ropedrink that uses it, here's the link...

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18206-SpartanUIFanUpdate.html#info

Says they fixed the party frames issues too.

Got a bit mental last week and went customizing my UI

Just went with the basics like

fortexcist - For dot timers
    bartender - For action bars
    Sexy map - for sexy maps ( although i have to keep resetting the addon icons, they keep stacking on top of each other)

And a shedload of AH addons :D

Will probably be making some videos at some point to show how to use AH addons succesfully so im sure my terrible UI will be revealed soon

• Advertisement

Having tried skada: recount is dead to me now. it does everything recount does but in a much more intelligent interface. The only thing it doesnt do is display data in the form of the pie charts, but it still shows the same data. Its too nice to be able to switch from DPS to TPS to CC break counters on the fly in a quick-browse view and not that blind L-R clicking you do with recount.

Overheal wrote: »
    Having tried skada: recount is dead to me now. it does everything recount does but in a much more intelligent interface. The only thing it doesnt do is display data in the form of the pie charts, but it still shows the same data. Its too nice to be able to switch from DPS to TPS to CC break counters on the fly in a quick-browse view and not that blind L-R clicking you do with recount.

Skada is renowed for being unreliable and stupidly over inflated.

We went through a long term testing phase comparing skada and recount to world of logs. Skada claims to be the most accurate but it definitly is not, recount seems to be the most accurate.

This was confirmed across a number of raiders and raiding guilds across a number of threads on elitist jerks last expansion, and across some top guilds on our server

Skada definitly looks nice and sometimes operates nicer but it doesnt seem to hold any weight when it comes to raids.

We use recount exclusively to avoid any bollox

Skada has vastly improved since those days when it had some issues.
    Far as I'm aware, it has no such issues anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NordicGold

I've always been a fan of Shestak UI - really clean and not cluttered even with threat meter, Recount, Deus Vox Encounter e tc.

Give it a try on www.shestak.org !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Anyone tried Realui at all?? Tempted to try it. Currently got LUI with Icehud on my rogue.

Seems a bit badly layed out to me Berns, might suit some people though.
    Just all a bit clumped up in the middle, action bars also way too high up - would annoy me having to play with that.
    I kind of like the Artwork on the player/target and Hud UI though, would be nice if it could be moved around and readjusted a little.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Skada has vastly improved since those days when it had some issues.
    Far as I'm aware, it has no such issues anymore.

we ran some tests agian last night, still looks same old same old : /

Might run some caomparisons through dungeon finder later to see what the story is

the latest addition to my "Interface" :)

Logitechg700-1.jpg

Mouseover combos have new meaning now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

erm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Nice Overheal, what mouse is that?

Advertisement