Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Xmas Radio replacements (Kathryn Thomas, PBH etc)

• 07-01-2011 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as how our stars are too big to work the first week of the new year, I have austerity measures for RTE to consider in these difficult times ....

Since Kathryn Thomas is better at the 9am-10am slot than John Murray, leave her there.

Since Dave Fanning is better than Tubridy on the 9am-11am (2FM) slot, leave him there and cancel Tubridy's huge contract at the next opportunity.

Since Philip Boucher Hayes WAAAY is better than Mary Wilson on the DriveTime program, move Mary back to the courts which she was good at..

Since RTE considers them the second tier staff, they are obviously on less money. So give them the jobs full time... and save the money..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Since Dave Fanning is better than Tubridy on the 9am-11am (2FM) slot, leave him there and cancel Tubridy's huge contract at the next opportunity.
    wooohoooo.. please make this happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

But seriously Jonathan you make very valid points and overall I agree with you.
    Hope RTEs bosses pay attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Dave Fanning's been great to be fair. I NEVER listen to Tubridy unless someone (*cough*) mentions on here that he's said something retarded and I catch it on the podcast later.

But I find myself tuning into Dave. Don't think I put 2FM on since G.Ryan and that was only for his view on the papers for the first 15 mins.

Keep it up Dave!!

(oh wait, Tubridy's back Monday isnt he...:(:(:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boucher Hayes is just too damned smooth for me I'm afraid, better than Wilson of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mike65 wrote: »
    Boucher Hayes is just too damned smooth for me I'm afraid, better than Wilson of course.

Boucher Hayes big fat face comes across when he is speaking. I orgininally didn't think much of Wilson when she too over from Rachel English but I thing either I have got used to her or she has got better.

Surprisingly enjoyable show from Colm Hayes on 2FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Elmo wrote: »
    Boucher Hayes big fat face comes across when he is speaking. I orgininally didn't think much of Wilson when she too over from Rachel English but I thing either I have got used to her or she has got better.

Surprisingly enjoyable show from Colm Hayes on 2FM.

And that is exactly the danger - you get used to what RTE puts over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Gotta disagree, shes fine for in front of the camera but i find her too blokey and shouty on the radio, she lacks subtlety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Seeing as how our stars are too big to work the first week of the new year
    Annual leave I believe it's called. Statutory entitlement I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Aidric wrote: »

Little bit facetious there Aidric, they don't all have to go off at the same time,at Xmas a time when the entertainment business is at it's busiest.

What would happen if all the Dublin Bus drivers pissed off on 'annual leave' at the same time around Xmas. The Aer Lingus and Ryanair people.? The people in pantomines shows circuses pubs?

Total rubbish there Aidric.

• Advertisement

Little bit facetious there Aidric, they don't all have to go off at the same time,at Xmas a time when the entertainment business is at it's busiest.

What would happen if all the Dublin Bus drivers pissed off on 'annual leave' at the same time around Xmas. The Aer Lingus and Ryanair people.? The people in pantomines shows circuses pubs?

Total rubbish there Aidric.
    There you said it. The entertainment business, vis a vis la fluff. It's best to leave the secondary presenters hold the fort at this time of year when in reality not much is happening of consequence. Certainly from the RTE Radio 1 perspective why have all the heavy hitting regulars in when all the politicians are on holidays? Politics after all forms the consensus for most of the discussion that takes place there. The Business world is similarly clicking back in to gear now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

I bet if you add up all the days Ryan Tubridy has taken off it will be alot more than the 20 days the majority of us get.

I recall Gerry Ryan taking 4 or 5 weeks off in the summer every year on top of the rest of the days/weeks he'd take off.

There you said it. The entertainment business, vis a vis la fluff. It's best to leave the secondary presenters hold the fort at this time of year when in reality not much is happening of consequence. Certainly from the RTE Radio 1 perspective why have all the heavy hitting regulars in when all the politicians are on holidays? Politics after all forms the consensus for most of the discussion that takes place there. The Business world is similarly clicking back in to gear now.

Not much of any consequence!!!!:rolleyes:

Only the biggest weather event in the last hundred years.

Remember the tsunami, friend caught out there weren't we:D

Life and public service broadcasting doesn't revolve around Politics.

Not much of any consequence!!!!:rolleyes:

Only the biggest weather event in the last hundred years.

Remember the tsunami, friend caught out there weren't we:D

Life and public service broadcasting doesn't revolve around Politics.
    Look, it's a holiday period where not a lot happens. It's the same the world over. This time of the year is given over to review shows and the like. That's the way it always has been. What is it that you are after exactly?

Look, it's a holiday period where not a lot happens. It's the same the world over. This time of the year is given over to review shows and the like. That's the way it always has been. What is it that you are after exactly?

Pat Kenny on the Pat Kenny show

Morning ireland on at 0700

News at one from 1300 to 1345

Liveline at 1345

Something like that..............:rolleyes:

I can see a middle ground won't be found here so we'll leave it. You are also capable of better than rolleyes on repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

:pac:Sack em all, there all overpaid motor mouths that talk 100% Pure Crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I understand that but they all get huge holidays during the summer.. I'm sure they could get one of the second tier staff in for more weeks of the year.. It's an employers market, and times are tough for media people. It's about time RTE realised this when they are negotiating with the agents of their sacred cows..

Especially when they can sooooooo easily replace them without loss of quality of programming... improvement in many cases..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Elmo wrote: »
    Boucher Hayes big fat face comes across when he is speaking.
    Philip Boucher-Hayes

0000c1400c8r.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dh0661 wrote: »
    Philip Boucher-Hayes

0000c1400c8r.jpg

Not sure if you are trying to disprove my point or prove it????

• Advertisement
Advertisement