Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind Generation for portion of domestic power ?

• 07-01-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anybody had installed, or has knowledge, or wind generators for domestic power.

My house has a bas line electricity usage of about 0.6 KW and it get's quite windy where I live and I have started to think about a 1KW wind generator and if it would be cost effective.

Any advice that people would have would be great !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dohertykkwdpd

http://www.bsria.co.uk/services/research/wind-turbine/

Try this. This survey was by BSRIA so can be considered accurate, it was done in England but still has relevance here in Ireland. Have a read through it and let me know what you think. Planning laws also restrict the location of wind turbines so you will need to do some research into this also. Good luck and I hope you like what you read!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anybody had installed, or has knowledge, or wind generators for domestic power.

My house has a bas line electricity usage of about 0.6 KW and it get's quite windy where I live and I have started to think about a 1KW wind generator and if it would be cost effective.

Any advice that people would have would be great !

Unless you have ALOT of open land or your house is up on a hill with good air flow,then its a waste of time and money.

It wont work for your average domestic house or house in estates or other propperties close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - we've lots of open land all around :
    screenshotde.png

Advertisement