Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EXHAUST REPAIRS

• 07-01-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,was just wondering what your views are on repairing exhausts?.97 fazer seems to be blowing a bit where the downpipes merge up on top.Cant see where without dropping them off. Has anyone repaired pipes? If so,what did you use etc....?Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi guys,was just wondering what your views are on repairing exhausts?.97 fazer seems to be blowing a bit where the downpipes merge up on top.Cant see where without dropping them off. Has anyone repaired pipes? If so,what did you use etc....?Cheers in advance

Friend of mine has a Fazer and has the same problem. He took them off to try and weld them but the metal is so bad it can't be welded. He was advised to get stainless steel ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Theres a lad lives near Citywest in Dublin who can do wonders with bike exhausts.
    Give him a ring on : 083 3032101

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

You'll be wasting your time with exhaust putty or bandage ,get a pro whos used to welding exhausts to weld it for you it'll probably cost double what a bandage will cost but it will be a hundred times better

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

Theres a lad lives near Citywest in Dublin who can do wonders with bike exhausts.
    Give him a ring on : 083 3032101

Give this lad a bell tomorrow you can't go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

keithm1 wrote: »
    Give this lad a bell tomorrow you can't go wrong

I can strongly recommend him, he is a wizard with bike exhausts, he repairs and even makes new ones at very realistic prices. He is also a member of www.globalmotorbikes.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Cheers for replies guys. Took pipes off today,found a pea sized hole at the merge where i suspected.Wire brushed and sanded the area and surrounding area,cleaned with cellulose thinners and repaired it with Leak-Fix by Plastic Padding.This stuff is used for repairing hot water cylinders,radiators etc....RESULT!!!!!! Bike has never sounded so good,purring through the Supertrapp can:D Now i know ye will say it wont last,but im pretty confident that i did a pretty good job.Time will tell. Cheers again for replies

Advertisement