Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healy Eames

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

She's part of the old-style, gombeenism, parish-pump, attend your funeral and local clubs' social nights style of politics that is outdated and needs come to an end.

I won't be voting for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

KylieWyley wrote: »
    She's part of the old-style, gombeenism, parish-pump, attend your funeral and local clubs' social nights style of politics that is outdated and needs come to an end.

I won't be voting for her.

The problem is that they are all like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 horseoutside

Fuinseog wrote: »
    I just got her propaganda in the door. she is running in the next election, but I know precious little about her. has she done anything for the people of Galway in the last few years?

she seems to use the word 'I' a lot in her pamphlet, instead 'we' .is fidelma in love with Fidelma?

does she really care about Galway or just herself?

I just got a leaflet 'Transforming Irl' in the door. It seems pretty decent to me. Contrary to what u say, Hardly any 'I' statements at all. A very good account of FG policies if you ask me. She has also included pics and names of all her fellow local politicians.

Have been reading some of the posts, a lot of misinformation flying around about Fidelma. I am a past pupil of Fidelma's, she taught for a lot of years in my local primary school. Everyone loved her there. She coached basketball and was v creative in the classroom. She was very popular, she energised the whole school and the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Everyone of those scumbags runs for dail for €92k per annum and whatever expenses they can squeeze out of us no other reason.

They dont care about joe soap who's getting pegged out of his home because his mortgage is in arrears becuase of levy rates and tax hikes to pay for them fcuking up the country.

Fcuk the lot of them shower of greedy degenrates

• Advertisement

I know somebody who wouldnt rest til they got her as their Master's supervisor in Mary Immaculate College, such was her cutting edge expertise on literacy, language and children's writing. Recently I heard she lead an Early School Leaving report in the Oireachtas. How many other TDs or Senators do you know that do work like that as well as manage the parish pump. Im not at all surprised she is the ED. spokesperson in the Seanad. Last year my mother told me she provided free career guidance sessions for LC students. Rock on Fidelma, **** the begrudgers . . .

Good idea Ronanduffy, pity a few more wouldn't ask her instead of just floating inaccurate facts and relying on hearsay.

I can think of few politicians that are as honorable as she is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

For every shill poster I will tell ten of my friends and relatives not to vote for the shilled candidate.
    Carry on......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

When will people realise that coming on here to promote something has completly the opposite effect.
    She has just lost any chance of me even giving her my last preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Hmm ronanduffy / Fidelma's backup comes from a user registered just today. She'd fit right in with FF given these shenanigans....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

"Enabling you to be all that you're capable off"
    mikom wrote: »
    Sounds like some scientology shite.

Sounds an awful lot like a hiberno-english version of "Be all you can be" the american military slogan IIRC.

Don't let the conspiracy nuts in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I know somebody who wouldnt rest til they got her as their Master's supervisor in Mary Immaculate College, such was her cutting edge expertise on literacy, language and children's writing. Recently I heard she lead an Early School Leaving report in the Oireachtas. How many other TDs or Senators do you know that do work like that as well as manage the parish pump. Im not at all surprised she is the ED. spokesperson in the Seanad. Last year my mother told me she provided free career guidance sessions for LC students. Rock on Fidelma, **** the begrudgers . . .

Jeeez, you know so much about her, that you could actually BE Fidelma!!!

Oh wait......:rolleyes:

What's the betting 'horseoutside' and 'ronanduffy' are posting from the same IP?? Biko should check for the lulz....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Hmm ronanduffy / Fidelma's backup comes from a user registered just today. She'd fit right in with FF given these shenanigans....

same with horseoutside, how shameless....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Fidelma has got someone to 'manage' her 'online' presence for the next 3 months so expect a lot of these shills to sign up over the next while. I am agog waiting for whatever green gob****e is delegated to 'manage' us lot :D

This sort of party propoganda muck should be ruthlessly deleted ....that is unless we want the forum to turn into a screaming zoo like politics.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ronanduffy

@fmul9798 - I have been registered for nearly a year on boards.ie, and I see Feb 2010 as the date next to my post. Are you seeing something different? There is a notice at the top of the page I'm typing on which says certain features are disabled for users who post less than 25 posts, etc.

I stand over my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I am still trying to establish what teaching experience Healy Eames has and am none the wiser. For all we know, she may indeed only have a few temporary/part-time positions behind her, if even that much.

Would somebody - perhaps one of those posters who know her - mind stating which schools she taught in? Also, what years. Feel free to PM me if you wish. Her good name is at stake here, so would her friends please help her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I was referring to your sidekick "horseoutside" as being your backup, (rondanduffy/Fidelma being interchangeable).
    Politicians never learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Fuinseog wrote: »
    why does she not refer to herself as Doctor Healy Eames? most politicians with that title would, unless of course it were an honorary title.

She referred to herself as a Doctor when she lectured in Mary I. I'm pretty sure she did her PhD in America. And I'm nearly positive it was in something to do with teaching English...literacy or something of that nature. That was the subject she lectured in at Mary Immaculate College - "Teaching English".

She was lecturing in Mary I. in 2000/2001. I don't think she lectured there in 2002, but my dates could be slightly off give or take a month or two. Still, if she only got her Masters in 1999 as suggested by a poster here, how did she get her PhD by 2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ronanduffy is no shill!! cant believe im saying that!! lol! Ronan!
    I can confirm that i know him.

dont know about horse outside tho.

Iv no affiliation with FHE's btw nor do i care.

As Ronan said maybe ye should ask her about these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What baffles me is why the candidates produce a big poster & fill it with a mugshot. I don't give a **** what they look like. You rarely see this in the UK as posters are used to convey policy information.

Our roads are about to be turned in huge portrait galleries. Do the politicians really think that we vote for a face - or do we ?.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Discodog wrote: »
    Do the politicians really think that we vote for a face - or do we ?.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Have been reading some of the posts, a lot of misinformation flying around about Fidelma. I am a past pupil of Fidelma's, she taught for a lot of years in my local primary school. Everyone loved her there. She coached basketball and was v creative in the classroom. She was very popular, she energised the whole school and the community.

i can well imagine all that is true but I have found a lot of FG people need to sell themselves better. I mean her website is like a skit out of apres match. under achievements she had listed that she 'uses her mobile phone a lot'. she always sends text messages, which is very impressive.

apparently she has assisted over 700 constituents. i would love to know how.

amz5 wrote: »
    She referred to herself as a Doctor when she lectured in Mary I. I'm pretty sure she did her PhD in America. And I'm nearly positive it was in something to do with teaching English...literacy or something of that nature. That was the subject she lectured in at Mary Immaculate College - "Teaching English".

She was lecturing in Mary I. in 2000/2001. I don't think she lectured there in 2002, but my dates could be slightly off give or take a month or two. Still, if she only got her Masters in 1999 as suggested by a poster here, how did she get her PhD by 2000?

this is an interesting can of worms

eagle10 wrote: »
    Everyone of those scumbags runs for dail for €92k per annum and whatever expenses they can squeeze out of us no other reason.

They dont care about joe soap who's getting pegged out of his home because his mortgage is in arrears becuase of levy rates and tax hikes to pay for them fcuking up the country.

Fcuk the lot of them shower of greedy degenrates

thats not the tone I am trying to promote with this thread and its posts like this that make the mods close down an interesting debate.

"Enabling you to be all that you're capable off"

Sounds an awful lot like a hiberno-english version of "Be all you can be" the american military slogan IIRC.

Don't let the conspiracy nuts in here!

FG in general seems to employ american tactics, which are not always successful with the Irish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She was a Co. Cllr from 2004 to 2007. I don't get why she says she got stuff done for constituents either - she does not represent Galway or any geographical area in the Seanad. I'd say she has a phd as she has stated so on her website.
    Please be careful as the website contains excessive self-promotion, more than any citizen should be exposed to.

notes3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is also her spelling of Connameara in her twit above.
    Conamara is how many Irish speaking people spell it.
    But where is this Connameara?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Btw on a mod note:
    People, please be mindful that when you discuss local politicians and have chosen to post in a local forum it's quite likely they will read your posts.
    Only post here what you would say to their face and they knew your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Re FHE's teaching career, I know that she taught in Tuam for a time. One of the boys' schools (not Jarlath's). I guess that could be why her teaching career isn't appearing on radar of City boards users.
    She's certainly prolific.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

FG just added Hildegaarde Naughton to the ticket ....I'd say we are in for a catfight :D

Healy Eames lives in Oranmore but is not from there.
    Walsh ( IIRC) lives in Bushypark ( perhaps inside the town limits) but is from the town and elected in town
    Naughton is from Oranmore but represents the west end of the town and lives in the East ward.

Nobody added west of the city....yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement