Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healy Eames

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I know Hildegaarde Naughton somewhat but I wouldn't be a FG supporter.
    She's very nice and seems popular with the FG crowd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cllr Yum Yum :cool:
    FG now running with four candidates in galway west, they might be lucky to get one seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

biko wrote: »

and she can sing and dance

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    FG just added Hildegaarde Naughton to the ticket ....I'd say we are in for a catfight :D

Healy Eames lives in Oranmore but is not from there.
    Walsh ( IIRC) lives in Bushypark ( perhaps inside the town limits) but is from the town and elected in town
    Naughton is from Oranmore but represents the west end of the town and lives in the East ward.

Nobody added west of the city....yet.

walshs heart is not in it

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Walsh pulled out before and he will always be remembered for that. Hildegarde is nice enough but this is only a chance for her to put down a marker and Sean Kyne in Moycullen has also been added but he is hardly a threat to O Cuiv. Fine Gael should possibly have run Eileen Mannion in Clifden from a geographical point of view instead of Naughton.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Seán Kyne added too. I will take bets on how each of them will perform for first round votes.

My guesstimate is that Naughton will outpoll one of Walsh or Healy Eames in the first round and that Kyne will poll lowest of the 4 FG candidates ...but not enormously less than the top FG candidate.

As to which of them eventually gets elected, sheesh :D FG only had around 1.1 Quotas in 2007 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I thought Walsh was from Mervue, lived in Wellpark and is building a house in Rosshill? He pulled out the last time to start a family. Nothing wrong with that.
    I asked around a lot since this thread opened and it seems Fidelma does her best to represent her area and maybe if she was in power she might be able to act on it.

Not looking forward to seeing the signs up all over the place :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

In fairness, singing and dancing aside(and she was a very good Yum Yum:p), I'd be inclined to think that Hildegarde has a fair chance. She's a very capable lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 horseoutside

I am still trying to establish what teaching experience Healy Eames has and am none the wiser. For all we know, she may indeed only have a few temporary/part-time positions behind her, if even that much.

Would somebody - perhaps one of those posters who know her - mind stating which schools she taught in? Also, what years. Feel free to PM me if you wish. Her good name is at stake here, so would her friends please help her out.

She taught me in Newcastle national school Athenry in 1990 and was there for at least another 3 or 4 years before she left. My mother told me she was redeployed to a school in Tuam because the numbers fell in Newcastle. Everyone was disappointed to see her leave. She taught my older brother in about 1985. She was the youngest teacher in our school. Id say she was in Newcastle school for about 10 years altogether. We loved her, she was innovative and before her time. Not surprised that she went onto become a lecturer in teacher education. Wish I had her for my kids now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

snubbleste wrote: »
    She was a Co. Cllr from 2004 to 2007. I don't get why she says she got stuff done for constituents either - she does not represent Galway or any geographical area in the Seanad. I'd say she has a phd as she has stated so on her website.
    Please be careful as the website contains excessive self-promotion, more than any citizen should be exposed to.

notes3.jpg

the largest texter in ireland! At our expense of course...

Is this the achievement list of a senator, or some kind of sick joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Joe Duffy won't be very happy about her taking credit for the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Fuinseog wrote: »
    I just got her propaganda in the door. she is running in the next election, but I know precious little about her. has she done anything for the people of Galway in the last few years?

she seems to use the word 'I' a lot in her pamphlet, instead 'we' .is fidelma in love with Fidelma?

does she really care about Galway or just herself?

only thing i remember was her determination to close those evil headshops which were corrupting the youth. i think she actually used the phrase, 'think of the children'.

your average reactionary, dim-witted, self-centred, narrow-minded, wanna be upper middle class twat. IMO.

biko wrote: »
    agree. Naughton seems a bit more human, clued in and progressive.

as for Healy-Eames education etc, means bugger all if you're narrow in your perspective. which i feel she is.

edit; the headhops were an excellent opportunity to wrestle control / regulate drug use and drug profits away from the control of criminals. 'course FF and the usual suspects couldnt / wouldn't see that. Far better to look like your 'hard on drug use' rather than address the problem realistically. but that's another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Heard her speak on Education before and she was fairly impressive.
    Other than that though, havn't been too impressed by her, doesn't strike me as anything special.

I live inside the Gaelthact and she sent around letters, addressed in Irish although a friend of mine used to work for her. Apparently her Irish is alright but not great.

As far as I know, she spent a fair while teaching in American public schools though. She shows her strengths when talking about Education but that's about it.

She won't get a vote from me, I'll be transferring to Fine Gael but would probably give it to Kyne or Walsh over her.

FG have no Gaeltacht candidate which is a big mistake....not that I can think of one who would be any use :)

O Cuiv will get elected quite early on if there is nobody to take votes off him out there seeing as there is a quota in the Gaeltacht part of Connemara where Kyne will get virtually no votes....much less any of the rest of them.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    agree. Naughton seems a bit more human, clued in and progressive.

as for Healy-Eames education etc, means bugger all if you're narrow in your perspective. which i feel she is.

edit; the headhops were an excellent opportunity to wrestle control / regulate drug use and drug profits away from the control of criminals. 'course FF and the usual suspects couldnt / wouldn't see that. Far better to look like your 'hard on drug use' rather than address the problem realistically. but that's another thread.

i have worked with both of them and Naughton is definitely more down to earth.

i have worked with both of them and Naughton is definitely more down to earth.

Both are teachers, do we really need any more of them running the country ??

Both are teachers, do we really need any more of them running the country ??

DeValera was a teacher and he did alright.

DeValera was a teacher and he did alright.

Looking at the mess the current lot created ,( Hanafin , Dempsey, Carey, Martin, Killeen are all teachers ...thats one third of the cabinet not including Gormley and O'Keefe)

De Valera created a bad precedent from the look of it, enough!!! :(

teachers r kool. sez Rashers.

(2 kool fer sckool, it seems)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 daithiard

I've seen a lot of FHE quotes and election material and it means not a jot to me. It's the same tired recycle rhetoric that you always hear, nothing new. She will not get my vote, I have met her and she's from the very same ilk as Frank Fahy and rest, big mouths, lofty statements with nothing to back it up. Also her using the comment "Do you know who I am" statement trying to get preferential treatment in a place I worked left a very bad taste in my mouth. H Naughton seems to be of a different type, a bit more of the type of poliction we need, not ruined by being part of the pack for too long, may give her twist!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Interesting to see that Hildegarde is well ahead of Healy Eames on the boards poll.
    If Sean Kyne, who I've never heard of, got a few more votes she'd be the lowest of the FG candidates. :D
    Of course O'Cuiv is also well down the list which probably won't happen.

Fidelma Really Screams has cheesed a lot of potential voters off, I don't think she is transfer friendly and I don't think she will be elected.

dloob wrote: »
    Interesting to see that Hildegarde is well ahead of Healy Eames on the boards poll.
    If Sean Kyne, who I've never heard of, got a few more votes she'd be the lowest of the FG candidates. :D
    Of course O'Cuiv is also well down the list which probably won't happen.

thats because Hildegard is a real person, who give the impression that she cares. she also has an aura of approachability.

Healy Eames on the other hand is interested in Healy Eames and that is it. a shameless self promoter.

Sean Kyne was not interested in running last time and his leaflets were a disaster. I am not sure if he is really interested in running this time?

Fidelma Really Screams has cheesed a lot of potential voters off, I don't think she is transfer friendly and I don't think she will be elected.

it would be gas if Vinnie Browne had her on his show. her true character would soon emerge.

If I were living in Galway East i would vote for that hot labour chick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

it would be gas if Vinnie Browne had her on his show. her true character would soon emerge.
    If I were living in Galway East i would vote for that hot labour chick.

tutututut voting on looks!

HealyEames was already on VB,
    http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=21957&locID=1.65.169&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭compaqlaptop1

Lets face it, anyone with a double barrelled name is highly likely to be a smug, arrogant, self-important twat. Being so important that they have to have two second names seems to imbue alot of people with these traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Politician only interested in themselves shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Really hope you're right.

Cannot stand the woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

She's a real life Helen Lovejoy.

She's still in with a chance of being elected but she's a lot less secure than seems to have been originally thought. Naughton is a lot stronger than I thought which is probably just as well. She seems to be the best of the FG candidates.

I doubt Kyne expects to be elected. He's almost certainly in there as a sweeper for the soft Gaelthact votes (Moycullen, Barna etc)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement